Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 There is a Spectre Haunting the Internet... 
    Me!

I'm a veteran of a number of conservative forums, and ever since a bunch of Stormfront-types invaded the last one, I decided it was time to pull up stakes and seek fresh pastures.

Political profile: firmly in the Reagan/Thatcher tradition of conservatism. I was in my 20s in the '80s, and I look back on that decade--politically, not sartorially--as a lost Camelot I yearn to get back to.

I'm adequately and moderately libertarian in a good many of my tendencies, but full-on libertarians freak me out as anarchists by another name.

How did I become such a firm conservative?: well, if you had a brother who was a Marxist history professor who is married to a very homely radical feminist English professor, you wouldn't have to ask that question....

I look forward to interacting with you all, even the evil bastards, if there are any.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Welcome to CU spectre, join right in.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Welcome to CU spectre, join right in.
    Thanks, SR, I will!

Hmm a Spectre, that will work, we had a sphincter once.

Welcome!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Hmm a Spectre, that will work, we had a sphincter once.

Welcome!
    Internet political forums are chock-full of sphincters. Was one myself once or twice....

Welcome aboard - we have all varieties of sphincters around here from the full bore left of Jesse to the ones sitting at Kahn's right hand.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Just curious, is there a kind of informal connection between this forum and the DU?

Was this forum started by people that got themselves banned from the DU for not saying that Dubya was Satan's own son incarnated?

That's happened to me a couple of times, then I just got bored with those pussies.

By the way, if my language crosses any lines here as far as excessive saltiness goes, don't be shy about kicking be in the butt as a reminder. Each forum has its own standards as far as that goes, and I'm not yet familiar with the culture here.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre View Post
    Just curious, is there a kind of informal connection between this forum and the DU?

Was this forum started by people that got themselves banned from the DU for not saying that Dubya was Satan's own son incarnated?

That's happened to me a couple of times, then I just got bored with those pussies.

We have been called "The site that cannot be named" over on DU but there is no formal or informal connection.

CU was started by the former owner, RobCrook as an answer to the DUmmies not letting conservatives join
    and reply in the open. CU is now run and owned by me and my wife, SaintLouieWoman.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Now that SR mentioned my name, welcome to the board.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW