Hybrid View

1. #1 From the "Eating your own" file (so to speak) 
    Power CUer
    Would love to have this be an ongoing thread.

Gay Oscars Host Ellen DeGeneres Accused of Being “Transphobic” For Making Liza Minnelli Joke
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4890369.html

Ellen DeGeneres took to the stage last night to host the 2014 Academy Awards and one joke made by the comedian about actress Liza Minnelli has some people seeing red.

“Hello to the best Liza Minnelli impersonator I’ve ever seen,” DeGeneres joked about the icon who has been a favorite subject for female impersonators and drag artists over the years. “Good job, sir.”

As the Washington Post (who referred to Minnelli as a “rumored plastic surgery devotee”) notes, a number of people took to Twitter to express their outrage, with some calling the comment “transphobic.” Prominent director Bruce LaBruce was among those to be critical of the Minnelli joke.

DeGeneres is the latest celebrity to come under fire for what some perceived as committing an offense to the transgender community. Last month transgender writer Janet Mock sat down for an interview with CNN’s Piers Morgan, later taking to Twitter to slam the news anchor for “sensationalizing” her life through the interview’s packaging. Additionally, Katie Couric landed herself in hot water for questioning transgender model Carmen Carrera about her “private parts” in early January. And actress Gabourey Sidibe also recently caught flak and apologized for repeatedly using a transphobic slur while on the “Arsenio Hall Show.”

What's a "transgender"? They didn't have'm when I was growing up......

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Boys who want to be girls who want to be boys who want to be girls who....

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    They are not L, G, or B... they just feel that they were born the wrong gender, and spend their lives struggling to live the life they "know" they truly are.

And if you do not accept it and support their decision and actions, well, you are transphobic!

BB
    Social Order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain - Marquis de Sade

Quote Originally Posted by MstrBlue View Post
    They are not L, G, or B... they just feel that they were born the wrong gender, and spend their lives struggling to live the life they "know" they truly are.

And if you do not accept it and support their decision and actions, well, you are transphobic!

BB
    This is where liberals just make my sides hurt from laughing, they say sexuality is not something you can change(if you're gay or lesbian), but if you're straight your sexuality is fluid and ever changing, they also say that gender is fluid, unless you're a transgender queer.

I like to think the transgender BS is the lefts way to slowly reduce the population, it would explain why they're so staunch about getting "transgender" boys and girls (or girls and boys?_?) sex changes, all of which leaves those poor children to grow up later and realize they're sterile. Also, liberals like to equate transgender(or transsexual 5-10 years ago) with intersex where someone has a genetic mutation and didn't fully develop one way or the other.

My liberal tolerance includes transexuals-I am not without sympathy for them. I just think that they are deluded and shouldn't have surgery to deal with their wish to become the other gender, and stick to cross-dressing. I would never be cruel to someone who has, though. I feel badly for them. There's no going back once they've had the surgery, at least for male to female. It's probably a little different for a female to male to return to female, since it's really just about a prosethetic.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    My liberal tolerance includes transexuals-I am not without sympathy for them. I just think that they are deluded and shouldn't have surgery to deal with their wish to become the other gender, and stick to cross-dressing. I would never be cruel to someone who has, though. I feel badly for them. There's no going back once they've had the surgery, at least for male to female. It's probably a little different for a female to male to return to female, since it's really just about a prosethetic.
    "Strap on
    Strap off -
    The STRAPPER!"

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Do you think Ellen's joke was insensitive to the transgender community?