Thread: Slow Cooker Venison Roast
#1 Slow Cooker Venison Roast03-04-2014, 10:41 AM
After much research this is the recipe I decided to try with the Venison Steaks my FIL gave us. I'm a little nervous. Everything I've read about getting rid of the gamey taste says to drain as much of the blood out as possible, remove any & all fat, & to soak it. So I put it in a colander over a bowl all day yesterday, there wasn't much fat to remove, & soaked it in a little Worcestershire sauce overnight. Hope it turns out good. I will post results & pics after it's done.
Slow Cooker Venison Roast
- 3 pounds boneless venison roast
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.
- Put cleaned meat in slow cooker and cover with onion. Sprinkle with soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine the soup mix and the soup; mix together and pour mixture over venison. Cook on Low setting for 6 hours.
03-04-2014, 11:02 AM
Dales steak seasoning works good also, it has a lot of the ingredients you listed including the soy sauce, I use it on goat roasts also, I like to brown them good in a fry pan before i use crockpot.
You can get it in any grocery store and there are good generics too, I just posted Amazon for the description.
Last edited by Rockntractor; 03-04-2014 at 11:07 AM.How is obama working out for you?
03-04-2014, 01:12 PM
Hope this recipe tastes as good as it smells.Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|