Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Stay tuned for our next episode when Linda Numbers tries to 'Ken Star' Issa.

Last edited by Rockntractor; 03-05-2014 at 01:01 PM.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Stay tuned for our next episode when Linda Numbers tries to 'Ken Star' Issa.
    His name was Ken Starr, and what he has to do with this is beyond me. Look, I actually saw the hearing. I don't know why I thought that could possibly compare with your preconceptions.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Mercy!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    You didn't see it, did you? I have no issue with Issa ending the hearing - he wasn't getting any answers from Lerner. But he totally ignored a procedural question and tried to cut it off by cutting the mikes. That was a colleague he was steamrolling, not the non-cooperative witness.
    I didn't see the hearing. So what happened to the document? Did they accept it?

I think it was a deliberately planned diversion to make the liberals whine that the evil Republicans were mean to poor little defenseless Elija and ignore that Lerner once again took the 5th.

If everything was as pure as the driven snow over at IRS, why is Lerner taking the 5th again? They should have asked what she's covering up. After all, fearless leader said there was not even a smidgeon of wrongdoing there.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I didn't see the hearing. So what happened to the document? Did they accept it?
    Not as far as I know. Issa had said on a Sunday morning show that he understood she was ready to testify; her attorney said yesterday afternoon that he had no idea where the hell Issa got that idea.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

You didn't see it, did you? I have no issue with Issa ending the hearing - he wasn't getting any answers from Lerner. But he totally ignored a procedural question and tried to cut it off by cutting the mikes. That was a colleague he was steamrolling, not the non-cooperative witness.
    No, Issa didn't. Cummings was ignoring protocol. Cummings did not have a question, he wanted to make a statement. The time for statements had passed but he wanted to grandstand anyway. This is why Issa cut his mike off. But it's wonderful of you to ignore the fact that there is procedure and Cummings failed to follow it.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Not as far as I know. Issa had said on a Sunday morning show that he understood she was ready to testify; her attorney said yesterday afternoon that he had no idea where the hell Issa got that idea.
    It's hard to tell when attorneys are involved. I heard on another show that it was set up for her to testify, agreed by her attorney, but supposedly she got upset with comments made on a Sunday talk show and refused. When attorneys are talking, it's tough to know if they're telling the truth.

I'm still in shock over a retired atty. from Jersey, a dem, who was bragging in front of SR how many times he's voted from the dead and laughing about it. I always knew that they voted from the dead in the city proper of STL, but hard to hear from an aquaintance who is one of those upperly mobile types how many times he's cheated in the voting booth.

And then they wonder why the Republicans want photo ID's. The even more sickening part is another guy was saying he did it, also, numerous times. Absolutely sickening.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

Its hard for me to not believe Cummings' rage was choreographed to shift the tone. Knowing the MSM would take the ball and run with it. I wonder how much press the actual testimony from this hearing received compared to Cummings' antics.....

Too damn convenient.