Maybe this case of the New Jersey girl suing her parents for tuition and her college fund has another side. Apparently, the parents were very permissive...until the boyfriend came along.

N.J. judge denies teen honor student’s request for emergency funds in suit against parents

New Jersey teen Rachel Canning, who accused her parents of a pattern of abuse - including accusations of "inappropriate affection" from her father - that eventually led to the girl being kicked out of their Lincoln Park home last year won't be getting a free ride just yet.

A judge Tuesday ruled against the rebellious teen's bid to have her living expenses covered and her college tuition expenses footed by her father Sean and Elizabeth - a setback for the girl who has captured national attention with the unusual lawsuit.

Morristown Superior Court Judge Peter Bogaard appears to have agreed with an independent investigators' assessment of the home atmosphere: that the high school cheerleader and lacrosse player is “spoiled.”

....The teen detailed a pattern of abuse that led her to develop bulimia and question whether father truly did know best.

Canning claimed that her "inappropriately affectionate" dad would push her to binge drink and wake her up in the middle of the night to play beer pong, according to court documents obtained by NBC New York.

On several occasions, the allegedly dangerously doting dad told the pretty teen that he viewed her not just as a daughter, but "more than that," the station reported.

Her mother, meanwhile, tossed barbs at the girl such as "fat" and "porky" that caused her to shrink to a startling 92 pounds by her junior year, derailing her high school basketball career.

... The parents say their rebellious daughter refused to drop a dud of a boyfriend and failed to follow simple house rules such as doing chores and making curfew.

She willingly left the home, they contend.

... Rachel Canning has lived in the Rockaway, N.J. home of classmate Jaime Inglesino. Inglesino’s father, John Inglesino, has foot the bill for the girl’s lawyer fees, more than $12,000 thus far.

“My parents have rationalized their actions by blaming me for not following their rules,” Rachel Canning said in her court papers, according to The Daily Record. “They stopped paying my high school tuition to punish the school and me and have redirected my college fund, indicating their refusal to afford me an education as a punishment.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz2v80jb4Sv

Commentary at The Conservative Treehouse:

When Liberal Parents Raise Children.