Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11  
    Senior Member Generation Why?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Thurston County, WA
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Explain how it is ineffective. And please list all innocent people who were executed.
    Well, states with capital punishment tend to have more murders. Therefore, the death penalty does not deter people from killing other people.

    1. Cameron Willingham
    2. Johnny Garrett
    3. Carlos DeLuna
    4. Jesse Tafero
    5. Lionel Herrera

    This is not a complete list. You have the internet. Do some research before you assume innocent people have never suffered due to the system.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

    Power Point Ranger
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    Well, states with capital punishment tend to have more murders. Therefore, the death penalty does not deter people from killing other people.

    1. Cameron Willingham
    2. Johnny Garrett
    3. Carlos DeLuna
    4. Jesse Tafero
    5. Lionel Herrera

    This is not a complete list. You have the internet. Do some research before you assume innocent people have never suffered due to the system.
    Do you have hard evidence or are you picking names out of an anti-death penalty advocacy hat. You're the one making the claim so the onus is on you to prove your case. It's not for me to do your work for you but this is typical of big mouth leftists like yourself. Also, this is where you anti-death penalty people are all wet. #1, the death penalty does deter murder as the one being executed will never kill again and #2 given the rate of recidivism you might as well not have jails and prison anymore because those certainly do not deter crime, n'est-ce pas?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member Generation Why?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Thurston County, WA
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Do you have hard evidence or are you picking names out of an anti-death penalty advocacy hat. You're the one making the claim so the onus is on you to prove your case. It's not for me to do your work for you but this is typical of big mouth leftists like yourself. Also, this is where you anti-death penalty people are all wet. #1, the death penalty does deter murder as the one being executed will never kill again and #2 given the rate of recidivism you might as well not have jails and prison anymore because those certainly do not deter crime, n'est-ce pas?
    DNA evidence has overturned many convictions. Unfortunately some are after the convicted has been executed. And I didn't say you had to do my work. Simply that a quick search would give you some results since you asked for ALL people wrongfully executed. Also, if the death penalty deters murder, then drug laws deter drug use. The death penalty does not deter murder, otherwise murder rates in states with the death penalty would be lower than in states without the death penalty.

    And as always, I am not a leftist. Simply a libertarian-conservative who is opposed to the death penalty.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

    Power Point Ranger
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    DNA evidence has overturned many convictions. Unfortunately some are after the convicted has been executed. And I didn't say you had to do my work. Simply that a quick search would give you some results since you asked for ALL people wrongfully executed. Also, if the death penalty deters murder, then drug laws deter drug use. The death penalty does not deter murder, otherwise murder rates in states with the death penalty would be lower than in states without the death penalty.

    And as always, I am not a leftist. Simply a libertarian-conservative who is opposed to the death penalty.
    Meh, sometimes your posts are as disappointing as a wet fart.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Member Generation Why?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Thurston County, WA
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Meh, sometimes your posts are as disappointing as a wet fart.
    Thanks for the input, rock.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

    Power Point Ranger
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    Thanks for the input, rock.
    Somebody has to give you some encouragement.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    DNA evidence has overturned many convictions. Unfortunately some are after the convicted has been executed. And I didn't say you had to do my work. Simply that a quick search would give you some results since you asked for ALL people wrongfully executed. Also, if the death penalty deters murder, then drug laws deter drug use. The death penalty does not deter murder, otherwise murder rates in states with the death penalty would be lower than in states without the death penalty.

    And as always, I am not a leftist. Simply a libertarian-conservative who is opposed to the death penalty.
    No, you're Fred Astaire because you danced around my entire point not to mention the strawman you built with the drug meme. I suppose you'd want all felons released because jail isn't a deterrent? And I'm going to say this again a bit louder because you obviously have reading comprehension issues. THE DEATH PENALTY DETERS MURDER BECAUSE THE EXECUTEE WILL NEVER KILL AGAIN.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,425
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    THE DEATH PENALTY DETERS MURDER BECAUSE THE EXECUTEE WILL NEVER KILL AGAIN.

    True. Even if a murderer is given life in prison he still has the opportunity to kill others. What does the person have to lose if he takes out a couple prison guards or a young person serving a light sentence? I don't want to hear the max security bullshit either, as I know plenty of serious criminals that were put into low or medium risk facilities due to space constraints, political red tape and other issues.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,302
    Last month, a 24 year old C.O. in Nebraska was murdered by a 15 year old scumbag awaiting trial. She was strangled by this piece of rap and left behind a young. But to GenWhy and Sonna, this person has rights which include a right to live and to eventually see the outside of prison. Personally I'd like to see this scumbag be dealt with in the same manner as a rabid dog. A 10 cent bullet between the eyes.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Last month, a 24 year old C.O. in Nebraska was murdered by a 15 year old scumbag awaiting trial. She was strangled by this piece of rap and left behind a young. But to GenWhy and Sonna, this person has rights which include a right to live and to eventually see the outside of prison. Personally I'd like to see this scumbag be dealt with in the same manner as a rabid dog. A 10 cent bullet between the eyes.
    Liberals don't think murderer's or rapists should be jailed, but unborn children should be murdered because they may grow up to be criminals
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •