Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Explain how it is ineffective. And please list all innocent people who were executed.
    Well, states with capital punishment tend to have more murders. Therefore, the death penalty does not deter people from killing other people.

1. Cameron Willingham
    2. Johnny Garrett
    3. Carlos DeLuna
    4. Jesse Tafero
    5. Lionel Herrera

This is not a complete list. You have the internet. Do some research before you assume innocent people have never suffered due to the system.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    Well, states with capital punishment tend to have more murders. Therefore, the death penalty does not deter people from killing other people.

1. Cameron Willingham
    2. Johnny Garrett
    3. Carlos DeLuna
    4. Jesse Tafero
    5. Lionel Herrera

This is not a complete list. You have the internet. Do some research before you assume innocent people have never suffered due to the system.
    Do you have hard evidence or are you picking names out of an anti-death penalty advocacy hat. You're the one making the claim so the onus is on you to prove your case. It's not for me to do your work for you but this is typical of big mouth leftists like yourself. Also, this is where you anti-death penalty people are all wet. #1, the death penalty does deter murder as the one being executed will never kill again and #2 given the rate of recidivism you might as well not have jails and prison anymore because those certainly do not deter crime, n'est-ce pas?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Do you have hard evidence or are you picking names out of an anti-death penalty advocacy hat. You're the one making the claim so the onus is on you to prove your case. It's not for me to do your work for you but this is typical of big mouth leftists like yourself. Also, this is where you anti-death penalty people are all wet. #1, the death penalty does deter murder as the one being executed will never kill again and #2 given the rate of recidivism you might as well not have jails and prison anymore because those certainly do not deter crime, n'est-ce pas?
    DNA evidence has overturned many convictions. Unfortunately some are after the convicted has been executed. And I didn't say you had to do my work. Simply that a quick search would give you some results since you asked for ALL people wrongfully executed. Also, if the death penalty deters murder, then drug laws deter drug use. The death penalty does not deter murder, otherwise murder rates in states with the death penalty would be lower than in states without the death penalty.

And as always, I am not a leftist. Simply a libertarian-conservative who is opposed to the death penalty.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

DNA evidence has overturned many convictions. Unfortunately some are after the convicted has been executed. And I didn't say you had to do my work. Simply that a quick search would give you some results since you asked for ALL people wrongfully executed. Also, if the death penalty deters murder, then drug laws deter drug use. The death penalty does not deter murder, otherwise murder rates in states with the death penalty would be lower than in states without the death penalty.

And as always, I am not a leftist. Simply a libertarian-conservative who is opposed to the death penalty.
    Meh, sometimes your posts are as disappointing as a wet fart.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Meh, sometimes your posts are as disappointing as a wet fart.
    Thanks for the input, rock.

Power Point Ranger

Thanks for the input, rock.
    Somebody has to give you some encouragement.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

No, you're Fred Astaire because you danced around my entire point not to mention the strawman you built with the drug meme. I suppose you'd want all felons released because jail isn't a deterrent? And I'm going to say this again a bit louder because you obviously have reading comprehension issues. THE DEATH PENALTY DETERS MURDER BECAUSE THE EXECUTEE WILL NEVER KILL AGAIN.

THE DEATH PENALTY DETERS MURDER BECAUSE THE EXECUTEE WILL NEVER KILL AGAIN.

True. Even if a murderer is given life in prison he still has the opportunity to kill others. What does the person have to lose if he takes out a couple prison guards or a young person serving a light sentence? I don't want to hear the max security bullshit either, as I know plenty of serious criminals that were put into low or medium risk facilities due to space constraints, political red tape and other issues.

Last month, a 24 year old C.O. in Nebraska was murdered by a 15 year old scumbag awaiting trial. She was strangled by this piece of rap and left behind a young. But to GenWhy and Sonna, this person has rights which include a right to live and to eventually see the outside of prison. Personally I'd like to see this scumbag be dealt with in the same manner as a rabid dog. A 10 cent bullet between the eyes.

Last month, a 24 year old C.O. in Nebraska was murdered by a 15 year old scumbag awaiting trial. She was strangled by this piece of rap and left behind a young. But to GenWhy and Sonna, this person has rights which include a right to live and to eventually see the outside of prison. Personally I'd like to see this scumbag be dealt with in the same manner as a rabid dog. A 10 cent bullet between the eyes.
    Liberals don't think murderer's or rapists should be jailed, but unborn children should be murdered because they may grow up to be criminals