1. #1 Wolves change an entire ecosystem 
    How Wolves Changed A River

Never thought it all the way through but, when it's all said and done, it makes a great deal of sense.
    Last edited by Retread; 03-08-2014 at 11:09 PM.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Very cool. Leave the wolves alone.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Interesting and great for Yellowstone but they are gutting the deer herd in Northern WI.
    Not PTArmigan. Just Anti Anti-gun.

The three "S" method for wolf control...

1. Shoot them

2. Shovel them

3. Shut up about it

Wolves are destroying the economies of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Wolves are the only wild animal that will kill another animal and not consume it. They are decimating the elk and mule deer populations. They are forcing cougars and grizzly bears to hunt for food closer to humans.
    Reintroducing these animals has been a huge mistake.

We've never been without wolves in Wyoming. We've "co-existed" a long time with them. There was no "re-introduction" here. The special interest groups that made so much money off the wolf debate got another species introduced here.

It's a myth that wolves were extinct. And the pros never even argued that in the government hearings. One can read the whole tedious 1300 page document, if one wants.

PR for the pros just hinted that there were no wolves and it has become fact for some.

These are a different breed, for sure. And they are sure changing the lives of animals and people here.

Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    We've never been without wolves in Wyoming. We've "co-existed" a long time with them. There was no "re-introduction" here. The special interest groups that made so much money off the wolf debate got another species introduced here.

It's a myth that wolves were extinct. And the pros never even argued that in the government hearings. One can read the whole tedious 1300 page document, if one wants.

PR for the pros just hinted that there were no wolves and it has become fact for some.

These are a different breed, for sure. And they are sure changing the lives of animals and people here.
    They've reintroduced the 'Red Wolf' in the lower part of my state. No problem yet but it's coming. They introduced the western coyote a few years ago and now they're everywhere causing problems. The idiots that think all this wildlife is so great live in gated communities or third floor apartments. They only complain when one of their pets get eaten.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJeb View Post
    They've reintroduced the 'Red Wolf' in the lower part of my state. No problem yet but it's coming. They introduced the western coyote a few years ago and now they're everywhere causing problems. The idiots that think all this wildlife is so great live in gated communities or third floor apartments. They only complain when one of their pets get eaten.
    Good grief. Years (and years) ago I hauled some Charlois cows to a farm in Indiana. The farmers talked about that state trading pheasant for western coyote. They said they couldn't wait to hear them howl.

I wish I could find out how happy they are with them now.