1. #1 Jolly wins special election 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Republican David Jolly defeated Democrat Alex Sink on Tuesday in a Tampa-area House district where President Barack Obama's health care overhaul got its first test ahead of November's midterm elections and both sides spent millions auditioning national strategies.

With almost 100 percent of the vote counted, Jolly had 48.5 percent of the vote to Sink's 46.7 percent. Libertarian Lucas Overby had 4.8 percent. The election was to replace 42-year Republican Rep. CW Bill Young, who died in October of cancer, and the evenly divided district had been considered a toss-up.

LINK

May the FORCE be with you!

Jolly sunk Sink?
    You can't make up names like this!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Power CUer
    A win is a win of course but it was a long held gop seat and the margin was < 2. And whats up with the lp guy getting nearly 5 %? Was that anticioated ?
    If you like your congress crittets you can keep them. If you don't, you know what to do.

so you are saying Florida got their jollies?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

The district was gerrymandered giving the dhims a majority.

Thoughts:
    1. the dhims were discouraged and didn't turn out,
    2. Sink's ObamaCare support was a pivotal issue,
    3. Repubs were energized.

Overall, it was a Jolly good Sinking.......

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

I'm just loving the candidates' names: Jolly and Sink. Of course, Jolly won. Wouldn't we all rather be Jolly than be Sink(ing)?

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm just loving the candidates' names: Jolly and Sink. Of course, Jolly won. Wouldn't we all rather be Jolly than be Sink(ing)?
    ^5

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    The district was gerrymandered giving the dhims a majority.

Thoughts:
    1. the dhims were discouraged and didn't turn out,
    2. Sink's ObamaCare support was a pivotal issue,
    3. Repubs were energized.

Overall, it was a Jolly good Sinking.......
    The district had gone for Obama the last 2 elections, and for Sink when she ran for governor against Rick Scott. It is considered a purple district. The Dems poured so much money into this race. It was a never ending nightmare of nasty ads saying Jolly was a lobbyist, he'd throw granny over the cliff, wanted women to make less than men, wanted insurance to cost more for women than men, and on and on and on. It got me so aggravated that I almost wanted to move to Pinellas County to vote against Sink.

She was running cutesy little ads with her daddy. Then Jolly countered with an ad with his mom and aunt. His ads didn't really start running much til the Republicans started coughing up some money to help.

Also, she was an "evil" banker who happened to pocket $8 million while others lost. That, nor her support of Obama and Obamacare, didn't help her cause.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Even though November is a long way away and the GOP has plenty of time to screw this up but this is a mandate of sorts. Sink ran riding Obama's coattails and as an advocate for Obamacare. The Democrats spent big time for this race while the National GOP largely ignored it until the poll numbers started leaning toward Jolly then they saw blood in the water but the Dems still outspend Jolly 2-1 and still lost which prompted the stupidest woman this side of Sheila Jackson Lee to proclaim that even though Sink lost, the Dems still won because the GOP underperormed. Underperform, of course, being a euphemism for winning in this case. They thought they had this one in the bag and are, as usual, in full spin mode trying to explain away their loss. I'm waiting for the "the GOP stole this election" memes to start popping up.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.