Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Give me an M&M bar.

SquareDealer, it was History. The original plan was to teach social studies. That didn't work out. I was always told there were plenty of people who wanted somebody with a college degree, especially in government. What I found is that you often have to know somebody. I'm introverted, so that's an issue for me. Between my own situation and watching people who aren't qualified for a job get one, I've grown to completely hate the networking system. I'm not lying. I actually know of a guy who got to be CEO of a company. Was he qualified? Nope. In fact, his last company went down. No, he's sleeping with the boss. He's not even married to her. He's having sex with her. He got in and put unqualified people into positions, made them work three jobs, and fired those he didn't like. He saw himself as an enlightened liberal. I'm waiting for the day when he can have it stuck to him.

Okay, rant off.

You don't need a sugar daddy?

I'm glad your friend found away to find his way to the top. You have to do whatever it takes even if you have to sleep with the boss.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Stephen O’Malley, 26, a West Virginia University graduate, wants to put his history degree to use teaching high school. What he’s found instead is a bartender’s job in his home town of Manasquan, New Jersey.
    I know Manasquan, he should stay there and make big bartender $$$.
    May the FORCE be with you!

I graduated college in 2005. Since then, I've worked in retail, convenience store, substitute teaching, interning, and now a call center. I've struggled very hard to get a full time job way passed minimum wage. Just thought I'd say that.
    Contrast in outcomes. Although I went to college, I never completed a degree. However, I've always found good paying employment, with a few bumps in the road. I bounced from job to job until I got into bread delivery. Did that for a while and made damned good money. By 1995 I was taking home nearly $1,000 a week in the summer months and even in my slow time(I had a shore route) I never made less than $500 a week. Now, as a C.O. I make $75K.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I know Manasquan, he should stay there and make big bartender $$$.
    Especially in a couple of months. That place hops in the summer.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post

I'm glad your friend found away to find his way to the top. You have to do whatever it takes even if you have to sleep with the boss.
    If I want a sugar daddy, I'll go to http://www.sugardaddyforme.com. I believe in working.

If I want a sugar daddy, I'll go to http://www.sugardaddyforme.com. I believe in working.
    Wow, I found your profile there.

Wow, I found your profile there.
    Rob, you really need to stop pretending to be a sugar daddy. It makes me mad when you do that.

I wonder if some of my new GQ hires feel this way?

Power CUer
    Degrees way oversold over the last 20 yrs ir so. But with a dead economy like what BO has assured for us it just emphasjzes the trouble. And jt looks like PRC is tanking so BOHICA. We have problems we can no longer pretend are not there.
    If you like your congress crittets you can keep them. If you don't, you know what to do.

There aren't many fields that are hiring people right out of college, but one is and it pays well (unlike it did in the past): Nursing.

Even a 2 year LPN degree pays pretty well, but a BSN/RN degree pays very well these days, at least for nurses who work in hospitals. They (the RNs) can start out at around$50,000 a year, in some markets. A specialty nurse (surgical, nurse anesthetist, etc.) can make upwards of $80-90,000 at some hospitals.