1. #1 McCain Plans Federal Health Cuts 
    Medicare, Medicaid Spending Would Be Reduced to Offset Proposed Tax Credit

By LAURA MECKLER

John McCain would pay for his health plan with major reductions to Medicare and Medicaid, a top aide said, in a move that independent analysts estimate could result in cuts of $1.3 trillion over 10 years to the government programs.

The Republican presidential nominee has said little about the proposed cuts, but they are needed to keep his health-care plan "budget neutral," as he has promised. The McCain campaign hasn't given a specific figure for the cuts, but didn't dispute the analysts' estimate.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122315505846605217.html

McCain touched a "Third Rail Issue" last night and didn’t really have to: Really, really dumb.:mad:
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

I swear, both sides are trying as hard as they can to lose this election without coming right out and screaming "Don't vote for me!"

Cutting Medicaid would be the right thing to do if they do it right. Just kick off the able bodied deadbeats recieving it and that would cut it by at least 40 - 50%. But they won't do that. Even Republicans love to take care of deadbeats.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Banned
    Oh, good. Cuts in Medicare just when the baby boomers are retiring. Good plan!

A bit off topic, but not much, I was talking to my girlfriend recently about Medicare/Medicaid and their respective impacts on dentistry. First, it turns out Medicare has no dental benefits. Medicaid does, but it's a bit of a joke. For example, Medicaid will pay $500 for a crown, a procedure for which most dentists charge between $1000-$1500. The net effect of this is that virtually no dentists take Medicaid (as of now, at least, they're not required to) and those who do, you really don't want to go to anyway.

Gee - Ya think AARP’s presses were running over-night? STUPID.:mad:
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)