1. #1 Nate Silver: 60% chance of GOP taking the Senate 
    Power CUer
    If only we could count on the GOP to be conservatives...

Former New York Times Election Wonk Has a Prediction Thatís Likely to Terrify Democrats
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...n=ShareButtons

Former New York Times statistician Nate Silver ó who just launched his own website, FiveThirtyEight ó has an election forecast that Democrats wonít be happy to hear.

According to Silver, the GOP has a roughly 60 percent chance of winning the necessary six seats to take control of the Senate ó and a 30 percent chance of winning control in an even bigger fashion, with the potential of capturing up to 11 seats....

Nate Silver is a liberal, too, or at least I've seen him on either TDS or Maher's show-he predicted Obama's re-election in 2012.

Terri Lynn Land (R) has a pretty good lead in the polls over Gary Peters (D) to replace Carl Levin in the Senate. Neither candidate have run ads of their own, but a special interest group is running ads against Peters, with an alleged cancer victim who had her insurance cut off.

I say alleged not because I don't think that a person with cancer could lose her coverage, more because I mistrust all political ads, especially those from special interest groups.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Nate Silver is a liberal, too, or at least I've seen him on either TDS or Maher's show-he predicted Obama's re-election in 2012.

Terri Lynn Land (R) has a pretty good lead in the polls over Gary Peters (D) to replace Carl Levin in the Senate. Neither candidate have run ads of their own, but a special interest group is running ads against Peters, with an alleged cancer victim who had her insurance cut off.

I say alleged not because I don't think that a person with cancer could lose her coverage, more because I mistrust all political ads, especially those from special interest groups.
    People with cancer certainly are losing their coverage. It doesn't matter to the insurance companies. My good friend and neighbor here lost her coverage---and she has emphysema/COPD. She's had it for years (individual coverage) and received the letter saying her policy wouldn't be renewed. I think she has insurance through August, then on her own til she can get Medicare. The rate they quoted her was so high she couldn't afford it. The plan offered wasn't good. Her doc went over it with her and advised she'd probably be better to tough it out from August til her birthday in February. This is the first time in her life she hasn't had health insurance.

These plans are terrible. People are being hurt.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

4. #4 Nate Silver: 60% chance of GOP taking the Senate 
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    A monkey could have predicted Obama was gonna win in 2012.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

5. #5 Nate Silver: 60% chance of GOP taking the Senate 
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    People with cancer certainly are losing their coverage. It doesn't matter to the insurance companies. My good friend and neighbor here lost her coverage---and she has emphysema/COPD. She's had it for years (individual coverage) and received the letter saying her policy wouldn't be renewed. I think she has insurance through August, then on her own til she can get Medicare. The rate they quoted her was so high she couldn't afford it. The plan offered wasn't good. Her doc went over it with her and advised she'd probably be better to tough it out from August til her birthday in February. This is the first time in her life she hasn't had health insurance.

These plans are terrible. People are being hurt.
    Very true. Speaking of TV ads why does the Obama administration need to use paid actors on television to support the ACA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2