View Poll Results: Do you use the CU Facebook options?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 11.76%
  • No

15 88.24%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    So many uses, so little time for the NSA to catalogue them all. (Not to mention Chinese intelligence and the KGB)
    I am curious the poll results seem to indicate that overwhelmingly people here are not using facebook.
    I wonder how much of a part the clear cut, proven bias against conservatives over on Facebook, plays in that.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMedic View Post
    I am curious the poll results seem to indicate that overwhelmingly people here are not using facebook.
    I wonder how much of a part the clear cut, proven bias against conservatives over on Facebook, plays in that.
    The conservative bias does play a part with me but it's not the only reason, I have enough internet social interaction with CU and don't have time to add another.
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

At 74 and seeing the stupidity of friend and families behavior there, I would not add to the dump for a second. I do belong to and am active on LinkedIn but I treat that exclusively as a professional networking group. I was also talked into contributing on Quora. With all the AGW proponents over there, I may have to abandon that. Not good for my blood pressure.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    At 74 and seeing the stupidity of friend and families behavior there, I would not add to the dump for a second. I do belong to and am active on LinkedIn but I treat that exclusively as a professional networking group. I was also talked into contributing on Quora. With all the AGW proponents over there, I may have to abandon that. Not good for my blood pressure.
    How can I get my ID deleted on LinkedIn?

My wife and I use Faceebook.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcoastie1 View Post
    I think you can self-delete, I'm not sure.

The link I found will not work from this pane. I found it by going to my help and asking how to close the account. See the discussion below.

---------

Closing your account means deleting your profile and removing access to all your LinkedIn information from our site. If you have a Premium account, you can cancel the Premium access, but still keep your free Basic account to retain your profile, connections, and other information.
    You can close your account directly from the Close Account page. Before you do, please note:
    You won't have access to your connections or any information you've added to your account.
    Your profile will no longer be visible on LinkedIn.
    Search engines like Yahoo!, Bing, and Google may still display your information temporarily due to the way they collect and update their search data. Learn more about how your profile shows up in search engine results.
    You'll lose all recommendations and endorsements you've collected on your LinkedIn profile.
    You can reopen your account in most cases, if it's been closed less than 20 days.
    You can also close your LinkedIn account on the Privacy & Settings page:
    Move your cursor over your photo in the top right corner of your homepage and select Privacy & Settings.
    Click Closing your account under the Subscriptions section of the Account tab.
    Check the reason for closing your account and click Next.
    Enter your account password and click Close account.
    Notes:
    If you have a premium membership, own a LinkedIn group, or have a premium account license, you'll have to resolve those accounts before being able to close your Basic account.
    You may want to download a copy of your data before you close your account with us.
    If you've created more than one account, learn how to delete or merge a duplicate account.
    Do you want to keep your account but receive less email?
    You can set the frequency of email communications from the Communications tab of your Privacy & Settings page to reduce email notifications, group digest emails, and LinkedIn announcements.
    Learn more about managing the types and frequency of email from LinkedIn.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcoastie1 View Post
    http://thelinkedinman.com/how-to-clo...kedin-account/
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I love Facebook.

On a local level I use it to help several small businesses with their marketing. Some of the businesses even catch on and follow my lead.

Advertising on Facebook by "boosting" a post, can have very good results with using hardly any money, especially when you "pick your audience" for the post. Much better then print ads.