Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Rush is saying.... 
    Two major issues weren't brought up in last night's debate:

#1. ABORTION.

#2. GUN CONTROL.

(poor out of touch bastard)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post

#1. ABORTION.

#2. GUN CONTROL.

Abortion has really become a non issue. Gun Control is quickly becoming one, too. Sad thing is, once it becomes a non issue is when the restrictions will kick in. Easier to take away rights when they're not in the limelight.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Abortion has really become a non issue. Gun Control is quickly becoming one, too. Sad thing is, once it becomes a non issue is when the restrictions will kick in. Easier to take away rights when they're not in the limelight.
    I Think the majority of folks look at those two issues as more a states issue than a fed issue. That puts in the perview of Congressional canidates and the federal judges they may or may not approve.

Not that enough see it that way obviously but the majority of what congress gets involved in is according to the constitution reserved for the several states.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I Think the majority of folks look at those two issues as more a states issue than a fed issue. That puts in the perview of Congressional canidates and the federal judges they may or may not approve.

Not that enough see it that way obviously but the majority of what congress gets involved in are according to the constitution reserved for the several states.
    There are no major state issues anymore. We are ruled by the fed. Instead of one king we have 545 kings. Exactly the opposite of what this nation was founded on.

edit....forgot the S.C.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Remember the good old days when you could ruin the opposition’s platform by just saying the other party loved fags?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Banned
    Those (and taxes) are pretty much my deciding issues on every election and I know enough not to vote for Obama. If the election is a close win for McCain, then believe me, a lot of it would hinge on the votes of those that would have voted for Obama if not for Abortion and Gun Control.

Do you even have any idea of what a principle is? If you do then you know that you do not compromise it for some blowhard promising you a bunch of free shit.

Banned
    Remember the good old days when you could ruin the opposition’s platform by just saying the other party loved fags?
    Henry Fonda wouldn't do it to Cliff Robertson.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar

LOL!!!! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

noonwitch
    Abortion is an issue that plays to each party's base, more than the independents who haven't made up their minds yet. Those who are still deciding don't care that much about it, or they would have decided a long time ago who they were voting for.

Gun control is different. There are lots of liberals who don't support gun control, or support only certain limits (like the assualt rifle ban), but don't want to stop anyone from hunting or owning a handgun.

My advice to liberals who support total gun control is this: Spend 12 years living in a place like Detroit. I'm not a gun owner, and wasn't when I lived in the city, but I seriously considered buying one at one point and would never have a problem now with any law-abiding, mentally stable individual owning a gun. Before those 12 years, I was pretty pro-gun control. I actually started to believe that the problem with Detroit is that not enough law-abiding citizens have guns. Only a few of my city-dwelling coworkers own guns.

My main reason for not owning one is that I never had one, my family never owned guns, and my dad is a fisher, not a hunter. Being unfamiliar with them, and being a class A clutz, I'm not so sure I'm the kind of person who should have a gun.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar

#1. ABORTION.

#2. GUN CONTROL.

Rush also mentioned that immigration was not discussed last night. That topic may have generated some excitement, and should be brought up in the debates.