1. #1 Heroic greyhound Clobber 
    Good Dog

Rescued Greyhound Saves Adoptive Family

By Caroline Golon

Clobberhead the greyhound was still getting used to his new family when he saved their lives.

According to Fox 59 in Indianapolis, just 8 weeks ago, Erin Cramer and her family of Shelbyville, Ind. had adopted Clobberhead from the Greyhound Pets of America. The family fell in love with the former racing dog at first sight. “It was just one of those things where (we knew) this was our dog for sure,” Cramer told Fox News. Cramer says Clobber is a great fit for her family and was settling in nicely.

One day, however, when Cramer was home sick, Clobber started acting strangely. The normally relaxed dog was standing with his nose against the wall. Perplexed, Cramer took him outside. He immediately wanted to go back in. “He pulled me back in the house, literally, and the minute I took the leash off, he raced back up the stairs,” Cramer told Fox.

Cramer went into the laundry room, on the other side of the wall where Clobber had fixed his attention. She was hit with a “wall of gas” coming from a leaking water heater. Later, Cramer found out that the water heater had also been throwing off sparks.

A plumber who came to fix the water heater said it wouldn’t have been long before the gas ignited and exploded, with dire consequences.

Those familiar with greyhounds aren’t surprised by Clobber’s intuitive behavior. All Cramer knows is that if she loved and appreciated Clobber before, she does even more so now. “If it wasn’t for him coming into our lives, we probably wouldn’t be here right now,” she said.
    Our greyhounds need to have Clobber as a teacher. Neither of them came to get me and warn me when SR had his health problem last week and had to go to the hospital. They instead were frightened. Other than that, our guys are wonderful dogs.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Your dogs are too attached to SR to be objective about his well-being, so they got stressed out instead.

For a split second, I thought this read as "heroic greyhound cobbler" I though SLW has finally lost her mind.