1. #1 Obamacare hits enrollment goal with 7.1 million sign-ups, President says 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Yeah, sure.

By Jim Acosta. Tom Watkins and Kevin Liptak, CNN
    updated 6:45 PM EDT, Tue April 1, 2014

Washington (CNN) -- A last-minute enrollment surge enabled the White House to meet its original sign-up target for the Affordable Care Act, a surprising victory for the Obama administration after a rocky rollout of the program that has become a political hot potato for Democrats and a rallying cry for Republicans.

President Barack Obama said on Tuesday that 7.1 million people had signed up on federal or state exchanges for coverage under the health care law now often known as Obamacare.

The enrollment period began anemically in October with a faltering federal website and ended with a crush of people trying to beat Monday's deadline to get coverage. Not everyone who has selected a health plan has paid for it yet, officials said.

Nevertheless, Obama claimed victory at a White House ceremony, saying the program approved by Congress in 2010 -- with no Republican support and vilified relentlessly by the GOP as government overreach -- has been a force for good.
    May the FORCE be with you!

The Democrats are using common core math.

Now that Obama has taken a victory lap and popped the champagne cork over hitting the ObamaCare enrollment goal, it looks as if it might be time to put the cork back in the bottle.

Results of a RAND Corporation study suggest that barely 858,000 previously uninsured Americans – nowhere near 7.1 million, as claimed by Obama – had paid for new policies and joined the ranks of the insured by the Monday night deadline. The study also indicates that only one-third of exchange sign-ups were previously uninsured.

Yes, millions of enrollees were previously insured, including those who lost coverage when their existing policies were cancelled because they didn’t meet ObamaCare’s minimum requirements.

Still, Obama claimed that “millions of people who have health insurance would not have it”‘ without ObamaCare. The numbers simply do not support that claim.

Moreover, he couldn’t pass up the opportunity to take a shot at Republicans “who have based their entire political agenda on repealing it.” Obama also thanked Democrats, who passed the “Affordable” Care Act without a single Republican vote.
    http://www.ijreview.com/2014/04/1258...sly-uninsured/

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Still, Obama claimed that “millions of people who have health insurance would not have it”‘ without ObamaCare. The numbers simply do not support that claim.

People like the DUers simply don't want to acknowledge this, it doesn't fit their spin. And
    the press will go right along with their "god". At some point the truth will slip
    through and then they'll just blame the ReThugs and Bush.
    May the FORCE be with you!

The libs have committed themselves to the monstrosity that is the ACA.
    Sadly, I imagine that only Cruz will make the effort to call them on it. And I hope that he does!
    Cooking the books is the only way they can make the claims they have, and the lamestream media will never call them on it!
    Eventually, someone is going to have to stand up and admit that the expected revenues are simply not there, because people are not paying.
    Further, I wonder just how many of these '7.1 million' enrollees will still be on the program in 6 months? I mean, how many are unemployed, and will get jobs with benefits in the near future and drop the ACA?

Yeah, I know... job creation????
    Maybe after the elections.

And one more thought on the 'huge success'....
    I thought that there were over 30 Million uninsured in this country??
    After 6 months, one would expect a better showing before you stand before the American people beating your chest... I think I would have extended the deadline again, rather than talk up a 23% success rate.
    But that is just me.

BB
    Social Order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain - Marquis de Sade

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    The Democrats are using common core math.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/04/1258...sly-uninsured/
    So glad Fearless leader credited the ACA with the Dems. Wait til those rates go up. The Republicans should run ad after ad with his thanks to the Dems for voting for it w/o the aide of one Republican.

He's a real piece of work.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

855,000 ACA enrollments + 12 = 7.1 million if you use common core math~