1. #1 Physicians Abandon Insurance for 'Blue Collar' Concierge Model 
    No insurance? No problem.

A small but growing number of primary-care physicians has stopped taking insurance — and they may be radically reshaping how American families get their medicine.

“We’re running a business that’s profitable and caring for patients the way we’ve been trained to care for patients,” says Dr. Jonathon Izbiciki, owner of Izbicki Family Medicine in Erie, Pa. “We have our voices back, and we’re masters of our profession. There’s nothing better than that.”
    http://health.usnews.com/health-news...oncierge-model

The article is worth reading. This is going to start happening more often. Doctors are getting tired and exhausted. The main issue with this is that you still have to pay for an approved ACA plan to stay in compliance with the law, on top of the monthly fee to the group of doctors. But, this is a pretty good deal. I would be willing to pay for it on top of my current premiums and I pay a lot now. It would be less hassle, less missed time from work, etc.

One of the doctors is a friend of a friend.... This was his response to my comment about the ACA

Rob, actually Direct Primary Care is a legal option under the ACA when combined with a hospitalization insurance plan (major medical), which in many cases is much more affordable than exchange insurance or commercial insurance. So, DPC + major medical = health care, no tax penalty! Great comment!