Thread: NFL Week 5

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 NFL Week 5 
    <cues up the NFL on Fox theme music>

Okay, fellow NFL junkies....what's it gonna be this week? The few undefeated teams stay loss-less? Will the Fins zap the Chargers down in Miami...the Bucs continue to win? What about the big fat LOSER winless teams...still gonna be LOSERS??? Can the banged up Steelers bag the Jags tonight? (God, I hope...)

Let's "get it started"...:D
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

I'll be flipping back and forth between the NFL and MLB. I really enjoy the drama of playoff baseball.

Kind of looks like a dull week of games anyway. 'Skins and Philly looks like the game of the week. I just checked and my only 2nd game will be the Bengals vs. Cowboys. Yawn.

By the way DS, I heard the Rooney's don't really own the Steelers........The Jacksonville Jaguars do!:D

I also can't believe the way Manchester City is laying the wood to Liverpool.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    I'll be flipping back and forth between the NFL and MLB. I really enjoy the drama of playoff baseball.

Kind of looks like a dull week of games anyway. 'Skins and Philly looks like the game of the week. I just checked and my only 2nd game will be the Bengals vs. Cowboys. Yawn.

By the way DS, I heard the Rooney's don't really own the Steelers........The Jacksonville Jaguars do!:D

That actually made me laugh....you know, since Coach Sour-Puss left the team, and they started playing like the Steelers, I like the Jags. :D It will be another bone-crunching slugfest, for sure...and hopefully not Ben on his back a dozen or so times either. Or players getting carted off the field.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Indeed. I predict the Cowboys will have a TD scoring bonanza with the Bungals. (CU Fantasy Footballers...take note...the Cowboys will probably put up 41+ points) I love watching the Bungals implode.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    That actually made me laugh....you know, since Coach Sour-Puss left the team, and they started playing like the Steelers, I like the Jags. :D It will be another bone-crunching slugfest, for sure...and hopefully not Ben on his back a dozen or so times either. Or players getting carted off the field.
    That Steelers/ Ravens games was sheer brutality. Plain and simple that was a streetfight. With all due respect to the 'Skins/Cowboys, Chiefs/Raiders, and Packers/Bears even though they're in Baltimore now I'm still convinced that's the best rivalry in Football.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Miami is looking good.:eek:
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Or not.

Yay Fins!!!!:D

And WTH is going on in that Indy game? Holy cow! It looked like Indy was going to get smoked!

That Steelers/ Ravens games was sheer brutality. Plain and simple that was a streetfight. With all due respect to the 'Skins/Cowboys, Chiefs/Raiders, and Packers/Bears even though they're in Baltimore now I'm still convinced that's the best rivalry in Football.
    I agree. Used to be when the Steelers played the Browns it was like that. Maybe still is, but the Ravens and Steelers HATE each other, hence the "sheer brutality." I think I got bruises just watching that game...

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Yay Fins!!!!:D

And WTH is going on in that Indy game? Holy cow! It looked like Indy was going to get smoked!
    Miami is definitely going to give the Bills, Patsies, and Jets a run for the money in that division. They keep playing like they did today...watch out. Ronnie Brown was a workhorse and the Miami D was brutal. Good for them!