Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 This is NOT a goodbye cruel DU post 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Awwwww...

Fri Apr 4, 2014, 05:04 PM
    cali

This is NOT a goodbye cruel DU post

Last edited Fri Apr 4, 2014, 06:50 PM - Edit history (2)
    DU is a wonderful place, but it's geared toward politics and the McCutcheon decision has just thrust the coup de grace into our democracy. At least for now. At least when it comes to national politics.

It's become an inelegant farce with the media largely pretending that in the interests of fairness, all ideas have equal weight and that the purveyors of some of the very worst governing philosophies are just as worthy of serious consideration as those who take democratic principles seriously and put forth legitimate ideas. It's corpse decorating- or desecrating, take your pick.

In taking a break, I want to acknowledge a couple of things: The vast majority of DUers share common principles. We believe in a government that represents the "least" of us and not just those with deep pockets. We believe in essential fairness. We believe healthcare is a right, not a privilege. We believe that education should lift people up and that the poor, GLBT folks, people of every ethnicity and gender and religion or non-religion, have as much innate human dignity and deserve to be treated by society and government in a way that reflects that.

I also want to acknowledge that those who keep at us about the importance of voting democratic are right. It's hardly a secret to many here that I'm disgusted by the corporatism that is now so prevalent in the democratic party as well as in the republican party. It's something I find deeply disturbing and disgusting. But those who keep at us about the importance of voting democratic are (mostly) correct. McCutcheon is hard evidence of that.

So to everyone here, have a wonderful spring.

cali

Maybe she's going to look for another job????
    May the FORCE be with you!

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Awwwww...

Way it reads, she is staying at the DUmp, but she will no longer visit the political section of the forum to grace them with her infinite wisdom.

One line caught me tho.

We believe in a government that represents the "least" of us
    So rule by the will of the "Majority" is now rule by the will of the "Minority"?
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Way it reads, she is staying at the DUmp, but she will no longer visit the political section of the forum to grace them with her infinite wisdom.

One line caught me tho.

So rule by the will of the "Majority" is now rule by the will of the "Minority"?

She's probably smoking pine cones again.
    May the FORCE be with you!

She's probably smoking pine cones again.
    She acts like she has a pine cone somewhere but I doubt she can inhale.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Attention whoring on DU? Tell me it isn't so...

Awwwww...

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    She acts like she has a pine cone somewhere but I doubt she can inhale.
    It can be if it's in the same location as her head, in rectal defilade.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

It's become an inelegant farce with the media largely pretending that in the interests of fairness, all ideas have equal weight and that the purveyors of some of the very worst governing philosophies are just as worthy of serious consideration as those who take democratic principles seriously and put forth legitimate ideas.
    They really hate it that the media gives Republicans any air time and that conservative ideas are ever covered in any other way than to vilify them.

Just another way they use to justify their hatred and intolerance to anything but what they believe.

Cali is back, going on and on about art and Buddhism in her thread:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024903575

the entire thread is pretty pretentious and boring, but what's odd is that she cross-posted a post she made in mid-April from her FB page.

She still claims to be a Buddhist:

Response to Shankapotomus (Reply #40)

Sat May 3, 2014, 05:59 PM

cali (92,707 posts)

43. I'm a Buddhist- not a Zen Buddhist but in the Kagyu School of Tibetan Buddhism

Still, nothing I've ever read or been taught jibes with that. I'd say Art is much more "hard drive" than the word luxury implies. Look at the Lascaux cave paintings, for instance. and of course creating art is sometimes seeking. Humans, at their best, are seekers.
    Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by lock and load View Post
    Cali is back, going on and on about art and Buddhism in her thread
    After wallduding her self in the hilarious earwig episode, DUmmy cali was drinking heavily.

She broke her leg in a drunken fall, and wound up with a severe addiction to painkillers.

She's great when she posts after snorting a few lines of ground up oxycontin.
    Last edited by GOBUCKS; 05-04-2014 at 02:07 AM.