Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    An estimated 95% of American bank ATMs run on Windows XP

http://money.cnn.com/2014/03/04/tech...-xp/index.html

I bought a new gateway laptop with XP media edition as recently as 2008, I don't think they have any business dropping support, they have a responsibility to customers that buy their products in good faith. This is another reason to develop good alternate operating systems, Microsoft sucks, if they were a conservative owned company the government would be all up their asses right now.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Apparently the best way to hack into financial information is Target.

I bought a new gateway laptop with XP media edition as recently as 2008, I don't think they have any business dropping support, they have a responsibility to customers that buy their products in good faith. This is another reason to develop good alternate operating systems, Microsoft sucks, if they were a conservative owned company the government would be all up their asses right now.
    I see that Microshit is selling a years worth of additional support to the banks.

They have a variety of methods , most are direct VPN's using cellular, satellite and fiber optic. The go direct to the bank and are not accessible to others on the open Internet.
    There are some that use internet or regular phone lines like the independent ATM's that charge you and are not bank affiliated that you see in some convenience stores, I stay away from those anyway.
    There are ways of pulling up directly next to ATM's and intercepting signals.
    Ironically, bank customers have less to worry about from those nondescript ATMs found in malls, bars and tiny convenience stores. Those 208,000 independently-run kiosks, built by Triton, Genmega and Nautilus Hyosung, make up the other half of the nation's ATMs. And nearly all of them run on an even older, simpler operating system called Windows CE -- which Microsoft still supports
    http://money.cnn.com/2014/03/04/tech...-xp/index.html

Amazing. Windows CE still has support.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I see that Microshit is selling a years worth of additional support to the banks.
    Selling, what a load of shit, I bet you anything if you tried to run an unregistered copy of XP they would still stop it from running, even though they won't support it. It pays now days to sleep with the government, it's the Amerikan way
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

That should take care of it, I have everything running on Windows 7 now except a Dell Precision drafting laptop I have and I have dual boot both 7 and XP on it.

That should take care of it, I have everything running on Windows 7 now except a Dell Precision drafting laptop I have and I have dual boot both 7 and XP on it.
    I think I still have one laptop on XP that I rarely use. I know that at work we have several computers that are still on XP as it just made for a stable network and there was no need to change it.

My company will probably have to pay for the extra support until they get them all changed over. It's one of those big Fortune 50 places.

Back when I was in the automotive business Sherwin provided me paint mixing software and a touch screen computer (this was in 2001) that was running on Windows 95 as they found it was the most stable so they left it alone. Sherwin makes good automotive paint.

Here it is a month after XP support expired and I fired up my wife's XP laptop just to see what happened when I clicked Windows Update. To my surprise, a "security Update" for Win Xp and an update for IE 8 downloaded and installed.

Our office went "to the Cloud" over two months ago. The sales rep said; "don't worry about XP, all we do is install a Citrix Receiver on your XP computer and everything goes through that software to the Cloud.......all your software including MS Office is accessed on our servers in the Cloud through the Citrix receiver".
    ".............Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
    John Adams

Out of 8 computers in the house, only one has XP and it's not used any more. It needs to be sent to the recycling center after I take out the hard drive.