Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Lib Rag Slate Says Mozilla CEO Just The Start 
    Power CUer
    Lib Rag Slate Says Mozilla CEO Just The Start, Calls For Getting Every Executive Who Donated To Pro-Traditional Marriage Group Fired

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a..._8.single.html

Brendan Eich is gone. The creator of JavaScript and co-founder of mozilla.org has quit as Mozilla’s CEO, forced out by the uproar over a donation he made six years ago to a ballot measure against gay marriage. There’s no record of Eich discriminating against gay employees—“I never saw any kind of behavior or attitude from him that was not in line with Mozilla’s values of inclusiveness,” says the company’s chairwoman, Mitchell Baker. [...]

Some of my colleagues are celebrating. They call Eich a bigot who got what he deserved. I agree. But let’s not stop here. If we’re serious about enforcing the new standard, thousands of other employees who donated to the same anti-gay ballot measure must be punished.

More than 35,000 people gave money to the campaign for Proposition 8, the 2008 ballot measure that declared, “Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.” You can download the entire list, via the Los Angeles Times, as a compressed spreadsheet. Each row lists the donor’s employer. If you organize the data by company, you can add up the total number of donors and dollars that came from people associated with that company.

The first thing you’ll notice, if you search for Eich, is that he’s the only Mozilla employee who gave to the campaign for Prop 8. His $1,000 was more than canceled out by three Mozilla employees who donated to the other side.

The next thing you’ll notice is that other companies, including other tech firms, substantially outscored Mozilla in pro-Prop 8 contributions attributed to their employees. That includes Adobe, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Oracle, Sun Microsystems, and Yahoo, as well as Disney, DreamWorks, Gap, and Warner Bros.

Thirty-seven companies in the database are linked to more than 1,300 employees who gave nearly $1 million in combined contributions to the campaign for Prop 8. Twenty-five tech companies are linked to 435 employees who gave more than $300,000. Many of these employees gave $1,000 apiece, if not more. Some, like Eich, are probably senior executives.

Why do these bigots still have jobs? Let’s go get them.

To organize the next stage of the purge, I’ve compiled the financial data into three tables. Here’s the first table. It shows 37 companies whose names, in one form or another, appear next to a total of at least $10,000 (per company) in donations to Prop 8. The list isn’t complete, but it’s a start.

2. #2 Even Gay Lib Andrew Sullivan Outraged By Ousting of Mozilla CEO: “If This Is The Gay 
    Power CUer
    Even Gay Lib Andrew Sullivan Outraged By Ousting of Mozilla CEO: “If This Is The Gay Rights Movement Today – Then Count Me Out”

The Hounding Of A Heretic
    http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2014/...-brendan-eich/

The guy who had the gall to express his First Amendment rights and favor Prop 8 in California by donating $1,000 has just been scalped by some gay activists. After an OKCupid decision to boycott Mozilla, the recently appointed Brendan Eich just resigned under pressure...

...Will he now be forced to walk through the streets in shame? Why not the stocks? The whole episode disgusts me – as it should disgust anyone interested in a tolerant and diverse society. If this is the gay rights movement today – hounding our opponents with a fanaticism more like the religious right than anyone else – then count me out. If we are about intimidating the free speech of others, we are no better than the anti-gay bullies who came before us.

It turns out that Eich might have saved his job had he recanted, like all heretics must. But given the choice of recanting, he failed. Hence the lighting of the fires:

Throughout the interviews, it was not hard to get the sense that Eich really wanted to stick strongly by his views about gay marriage, which run counter to much of the tech industry and, increasingly, the general population in the U.S. For example, he repeatedly declined to answer when asked if he would donate to a similar initiative today.

Instead, he tried to unsuccessfully hedge those sentiments and, perhaps more importantly, did not seem to understand that he might have to pay the inevitable price for having them. Thus, something had to give — and it did.

He did not understand that in order to be a CEO of a company, you have to renounce your heresy! There is only one permissible opinion at Mozilla, and all dissidents must be purged! Yep, that’s left-liberal tolerance in a nut-shell.
    No, he wasn’t a victim of government censorship or intimidation. He was a victim of the free market in which people can choose to express their opinions by boycotts, free speech and the like. He still has his full First Amendment rights. But what we’re talking about is the obvious and ugly intolerance of parts of the gay movement, who have reacted to years of being subjected to social obloquy by returning the favor. Reihan notes the use of the word “integrity” about Mozilla:

Let me restate Swisher’s observation: had Brendan Eich decided to apologize — had he decided to say that he had come around on the issue, and had he added that his donation to the Proposition 8 campaign was a profound mistake that he would regret for the rest of his life, and which he will atone for by making a large donation to one of the organizations pressing the case for same-sex civil marriage — he could have spared himself all of this trouble. So while Mitchell Baker talks about protecting the integrity of Mozilla, she might spare a word or two for the integrity of Brendan Eich, or rather she and her colleagues might reflect on it.

This is a repugnantly illiberal sentiment. It is also unbelievably stupid for the gay rights movement. You want to squander the real gains we have made by argument and engagement by becoming just as intolerant of others’ views as the Christianists? You’ve just found a great way to do this. It’s a bad, self-inflicted blow. And all of us will come to regret it.

The in-tray is inundated with your dissents, which we will air in full tomorrow, since it will some time to find the strongest counterpoints. Only a small percentage of emailers are as disgusted as I am:

This really frightens me. Eich may well be wrong – very wrong, in fact – but he has a right to his opinion, and the fact that the Internet threw a hissy fit certainly doesn’t justify firing him. There’s no freedom of speech if you can’t be employed while holding your opinion. And he even made it clear that he wasn’t going to change any of Mozilla’s benefit policies or the like! This wasn’t going to affect anybody in any way. This is entirely about his right to hold his opinion.

This is particularly depressing to me because the tech industry has generally been fairly open-minded. I wouldn’t have expected this from them.

Another reader:

Thanks much for posting that. It makes me glad I popped 50 bucks for the subscription. For a brief time there, I thought I was the only one arguing the case against intimidation tactics. I was actually called a “Quisling” by one self-righteous ninny in another blog’s comments section for saying that the use of intimidation is a bad strategy in pursuing SSM and gay rights.

I’m sure you’ve been called much worse, as have I, but that really got to me. I’ve been fighting for SSM almost as long as you have. And now that we’ve got it, and I’m married, I find it deeply disturbing to see this sort of nonsense spewing out of the left. I used to think epistemic closure was mostly a problem for the right. I’m coming to know how deeply wrong I was.

One more:

I don’t spend my money at Chik-fil-A because I don’t like the idea of it being funneled into an anti-equality organizations. I don’t buy Barilla because their CEO explained that they don’t make their products for me, which I assume means they don’t need my money. I don’t watch Duck Dynasty because – well, I never did. But this is a horse of different color. I don’t want to be party to purges and I sure as hell don’t want to give the likes Sarah Palin the satisfaction of an “I told you so” moment. Snap out of it people! We’re winning! We don’t need to do this!

Power CUer

So the Machiavellian agenda by the left marches on. Free thought doesn't exist to them, only group think. You must acquiesce to their way of thinking or else. These people are as much about freedom as Hitler was.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Someone bookmark this so the next time one of our Libtard posters tries to scoff at my comments about a Gay Mafia.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

The Left having political purges ... where have I heard that before.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Of course you can still get in big trouble if you refuse to bake a cake for a gay wedding.

It works both ways. Conservatives need to start boycotting businesses such as Ok Cupid.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Of course you can still get in big trouble if you refuse to bake a cake for a gay wedding.

It works both ways. Conservatives need to start boycotting businesses such as Ok Cupid.
    I'm boycotting them (not that I was ever with them).

When I saw the call for a boycott of Mozilla, I actually went and downloaded it and took off Google Chrome. A day or two later, Mozilla gave in and so I uninstalled it. Everybody has a right to boycott. I think people for traditional marriage (or at least people who don't agree with this latest tactic) should boycott companies that give into the militant part of the gay rights movement (which I'm sorry to say might be taking over).

Liberal activists eventually get their way because they organize and they have patience. Conservatives that are into activism have been shown to do the same.

More importantly, I think that social conservatives for religious reasons should start doing what Pope Francis is doing. He still condemns homosexuality as a sin, but he's also trying to reach out to them as people. I think if more of that was done instead of just a "Christian vs. Gays" thing, then there might be a change. Right now, the change is for the worst. It's not just the gay activists doing it. It's also Catholics.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...peech/7250825/

I wouldn't have found that so messed up if it wasn't a Catholic school. Too many people (and especially younger people) are concluding that if you say something is wrong, then you must hate the person who does it. As a result, some of these people want to push down freedom of speech.

I'm starting to like Andrew Sullivan between his speaking up on this and his calling out Alec Baldwin for his homophobic comments.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Someone bookmark this so the next time one of our Libtard posters tries to scoff at my comments about a Gay Mafia.
    I'll bookmark both you and Bill Maher:

Bill Maher: ‘Gay mafia’ will take your career down ‘if you cross them’
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...areer-down-if/

Bill Maher used his HBO show on Friday to call out an element of the gay community that he says enforces political correctness like James Gandolfini’s Tony Soprano dished out mob justice.

“I think there is a gay mafia,” the Real Time host said during a panel discussion. “I think if you cross them, you do get whacked.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I'm boycotting them (not that I was ever with them).

When I saw the call for a boycott of Mozilla, I actually went and downloaded it and took off Google Chrome. A day or two later, Mozilla gave in and so I uninstalled it. Everybody has a right to boycott. I think people for traditional marriage (or at least people who don't agree with this latest tactic) should boycott companies that give into the militant part of the gay rights movement (which I'm sorry to say might be taking over).

Liberal activists eventually get their way because they organize and they have patience. Conservatives that are into activism have been shown to do the same.

More importantly, I think that social conservatives for religious reasons should start doing what Pope Francis is doing. He still condemns homosexuality as a sin, but he's also trying to reach out to them as people. I think if more of that was done instead of just a "Christian vs. Gays" thing, then there might be a change. Right now, the change is for the worst. It's not just the gay activists doing it. It's also Catholics.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...peech/7250825/

I wouldn't have found that so messed up if it wasn't a Catholic school. Too many people (and especially younger people) are concluding that if you say something is wrong, then you must hate the person who does it. As a result, some of these people want to push down freedom of speech.

I'm starting to like Andrew Sullivan between his speaking up on this and his calling out Alec Baldwin for his homophobic comments.
    If a gay person was in need, no self respecting Christian would balk at helping them. And here's the difference between the left and the right. To the left, someone like the above Mozilla guy donates money to a cause they find reprehensible, they'll attack until the person is fired. However, if, say, Mark Zuckerberg donated money to, say, Hamas and conservatives wanted to boycott Facebook, the left would fall all over themselves condemning conservatives for not respecting Zuckerberg's 1st amendment rights. The sad thing here is, unlike the Chik-fil-A thing, there's no way for conservatives to circle the wagons and support this guy. I think I'm going to find out what business donate to Planned Parenthood and boycott them.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.