1. #1 Laugh of the Day: Senator Dick Durbin 'not permitted to receive Holy Communion, 
    link

theHandpuppet (14,945 posts)

Senator Dick Durbin 'not permitted to receive Holy Communion,' Bishop says
    Thank you, Senator Durbin, for your support of choice and for women's equality!

http://www.catholic.org/news/nationa...y.php?id=54870
    Senator Dick Durbin 'not permitted to receive Holy Communion,' Bishop says
    By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
    4/8/2014
    Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)

LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - In a recent letter to an Illinois pro-life activist, Bishop Paprocki said that "Senator Durbin was informed several years ago by his Pastor at Blessed Sacrament Parish here in Springfield that he was not permitted to receive Holy Communion per canon 915 of the Code of Canon Law. My predecessor upheld that decision and it remains in effect. It is my understanding that the Senator is complying with that decision here in the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois."

Durbin was pro-life earlier in his political career. In 1989, several years before he ran for the U.S. Senate in 1996, Durbin changed his position. He has since supported pro-abortion laws. Planned Parenthood and NARAL Pro-Choice America give Durbin a 100 percent rating while the National Right to Life Committee gives him a zero rating.

Durbin, the Senate Majority Whip, was honored with a "Lifetime Achievement Award" by Planned Parenthood Illinois Action at a Roe vs. Wade celebration in Chicago on January 23, 2014...

...In addition to disagreeing with his own Church on abortion, Durbin added, "I, for one, believe that women should be allowed to be priests." He also said he thinks priests should be allowed to marry. MORE
    No, no the "laugh of the day" isn't because Durbin cannot take communion in Springfield, it's this:

Star Member dickthegrouch (1,804 posts)
    14. How is this separation of Church and State?

If the State can't make rules about establishments of religion, the church should have no sway on the people making those rules for the rest of us.

Use that letter as part of the evidence to force the IRS into a more compliant position with the second amendment.

They just don't get it, but difficult when they're so full of hate.

One of the few reasons I'm glad that I no longer live in the St Louis area (other than avoiding the terrible winter this year) is that I no longer have to look at his face or listen to his voice on local TV. Sadly, St Louisans get the news from the "other side of the river"--Illinois.

He's a real piece of work.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Wow Carol! You know how to find them....

Why are people, so ignorant of our founding principals, allowed to have a say in our leadership?
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Thank you, Senator Durbin, for your support of killing those without a voice!
    Fixed

dickthegrouch is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    dickthegrouch is an idiot.
    No kidding...Second Amendment? WTF?