1. #1 UK Minister Suspects Farts Caused By Eating Baked Beans Responsible For Global Warmin 
    Power CUer
    I was torn between putting this in mindless moonbat gibberish and the end of the world. I opted for the end of the world because it's beyond all hope.

UK Minister Suspects Farts Caused By Eating Baked Beans Responsible For Global Warming…

Cut back on eating baked beans to reduce 'smelly emissions': Minister's bizarre tip in battle to tackle climate change
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...te-change.html

People should eat fewer baked beans to reduce flatulence which can contribute to global warming, a minister suggested today.

Fears were raised about the impact of ‘smelly emissions’ caused by Brits eating more beans than any other country in the world.

Climate change minister Lady Verma said it was an ‘important’ issue and urged the public to ‘moderate our behaviour’.

Concerns have previously been raised about the effect of methane emissions from cows on global warming.

But in the House of Lords today a Labour peer raised questions about the impact of human diet on emmisions.

Viscount Simon, 73, a Labour peer who has been a member of the House of Lords for more than 20 years, voiced his fears about the ‘smelly emissions’.

Lord Simon said: ‘In a programme some months ago on the BBC it was stated that this country has the largest production of baked beans and the largest consumption of baked beans in the world.’

He asked Lady Verma: ‘Could you say whether this affects the calculation of global warming by the Government as a result of the smelly emission resulting therefrom?’

Lady Verma described his question as ‘so different’ but she appeared to suggest that people should think twice about over-indulging in baked beans or any food which causes flatulence.

She added: ‘You do actually raise a very important point, which is we do need to moderate our behaviour.’

I suspect that Viscount Simon was baiting Lady Verma. She bit.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    I suspect that Viscount Simon was baiting Lady Verma. She bit.
    That or he's a senile nutter. Either one is equally possible with House of Lords.

Every time I hear "baked beans" and "British" in the same sentence, the mental picture in my head is of Ann Margaret rolling around in the beans that pour out of her television in "Tommy". Then I want to puke.