1. #1 CAIR silences activist scheduled to speak at American university 
    CAIR is no more or less than a terrorist-enabling body. It is also a great supporter of misogyny. This will make you a little sick that an American university (purportedly with feminist influences on campus) caved to CAIR and refused to allow this woman to speak. I guess Brandeis is ok with genital mutilation of young girls.

http://weaselzippers.us/182255-brand...lamic-culture/

How dare she criticize the culture that mutilated her genitals and issued a death fatwa against her for speaking out against it!

Statement from Brandeis University

Following a discussion today between President Frederick Lawrence and Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Ms. Hirsi Aliís name has been withdrawn as an honorary degree recipient at this yearís commencement. She is a compelling public figure and advocate for womenís rights, and we respect and appreciate her work to protect and defend the rights of women and girls throughout the world. That said, we cannot overlook certain of her past statements that are inconsistent with Brandeis Universityís core values. For all concerned, we regret that we were not aware of these statements earlier.

Commencement is about celebrating and honoring our extraordinary students and their accomplishments, and we are committed to providing an atmosphere that allows our communityís focus to be squarely on our students. In the spirit of free expression that has defined Brandeis University throughout its history, Ms. Hirsi Ali is welcome to join us on campus in the future to engage in a dialogue about these important issues.

Unbelievable. I read Ayaan Hirsi Ali's book (Infidel), it is very moving and a powerful indictment of the way women are treated in Muslim countries.

For what it's worth, I doubt U of M would give her the honor, either. MSU might, though, they don't really care as much about political correctness there, probably due to the huge quantities of alcohol consumed in and around their campus on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Unbelievable. I read Ayaan Hirsi Ali's book (Infidel), it is very moving and a powerful indictment of the way women are treated in Muslim countries.

For what it's worth, I doubt U of M would give her the honor, either. MSU might, though, they don't really care as much about political correctness there, probably due to the huge quantities of alcohol consumed in and around their campus on a daily basis.
    Considering U of M won't allow Honor Diaries to be shown, no they won't. But if you want to display pro-abortion "art" then it's OK.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Considering U of M won't allow Honor Diaries to be shown, no they won't. But if you want to display pro-abortion "art" then it's OK.

Bill Maher has her on his show every once in a while. She was good friends with Christopher Hitchens, and remains friends with Gert Wilders. The bastard who killed her friend Theo Van Gogh left a death threat note for Ayaan on his body.

I'm a liberal and a feminist, and it pisses me off that my fellow liberals are so stupid about this. I know that it probably seems like I'm conflictual, because I also defend Muslims on this board-I'm not defending their belief system, just their right to exist.

CAIR is a dangerous organization.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGrouse View Post
    CAIR is a dangerous organization.
    Yes they are. Have you ever watched them interviewed? You can literally see the hate just pouring out of them.
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.