1. #1 DNC convention: a train wreck??? 
    I posted this on another board.

the city of Denver is taking no chances. they are gearing up for massive riots. ah didn't we see this in 68???? actually I was in Nam. but i heard it was a hoot...................

Get ready for some screeching. The Democratic National Convention is coming to town and police will be ready – with everything from SWAT machines to tazers to stingers and tear gas and lots of other possible goodies.
    source

Anti-war movement wrestles with 1968:
    A coalition of anti-war groups is vowing to protest this summer’s Democratic National Convention in Denver under the rubric “Re-create ’68,” prompting criticism from some on the left who are loath to revisit what they see as a disastrous time for both the anti-war movement and the Democratic Party.
    source

cool. I may get to see my first big convention riot.............:D
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

I got to see the riot in DC after Pres Nixon's second innaugeral parade. It was kinda cool watching the DC cops beat the crap outta hippies with their night sticks. Bring your own popcorn. :)

When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the Naïve.

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.

Power CUer
    I doubt it will be much, without Mayor Daley on hand.

I hope they go wild. Show the rest of America the kind of people they don't want to be voting for.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    maybe. but i think there may be a big crowd. after all the dems have done very little the last 2 years. and they promised if elected they would end the war first. no conditions. well???? and now the protesters are showing up at their offices and homes. carrying anti war signs. so alot a ticked off libs may vent at this convention. my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by YupItsMe View Post
    I hope they go wild. Show the rest of America the kind of people they don't want to be voting for.
    me too !!!! line up the paddy wagons...............ha

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by dixierat View Post
    I got to see the riot in DC after Pres Nixon's second innaugeral parade. It was kinda cool watching the DC cops beat the crap outta hippies with their night sticks. Bring your own popcorn. :)

This time all of the old hippies will stay in their nursing homes while the California freak show herds a bunch of Illegal Latinos to take their lumps .
    They may bring the Fag squad from Frisco to march and beat their little drums .Every special interest group from the East and West coast will show up and make their demands.Dean and company are up to their hips in a wave of crap that is about to Crest over their heads,I Hope .

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Pretty much. Theres still some vandalism in downtown Chicago from '68, of course I think it's been kept around as a form of endearment.