1. #1 Student Goes On Stabbing Spree At Suburban Pittsburgh High School 
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...bings/7498911/

How long before the left politicizes this?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

They've got the suspect in a hospital gown, so he is probably on the psych unit at the county youth home/juvie detention.

I wonder what events led up to his rampage.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    They've got the suspect in a hospital gown, so he is probably on the psych unit at the county youth home/juvie detention.

Thanks to liberal/progressive policies kids today don't know how to handle failure or rejection or how to deal with a bully. So, when something happens all they know how to do is lash out violently.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

He was in a hospital gown most likely because he was covered in blood. The kid is in juvie. I grew up six miles from Franklin Regional and we would play them every season in football.

It's a very good school district, the area is suburban and semi-rural. it's not reall a place you associate with trouble. But, trouble can strike anyplace.
    Yes..this camera is heavy.
    No...you can't be on TV.
    Look kid, go bother the reporter...I'm busy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Thanks to liberal/progressive policies kids today don't know how to handle failure or rejection or how to deal with a bully ...

NJ ...

I agree 100%. That's what happens when public schools today pass on children that should be held back a grade, don't do it ... make them all feel equal in the classroom ... but do not prepare them for the real world.

To make matters worse, (and this is what gets to me the most) is when the parents DO think that their children are having problems coping with their young lives ... that they willingly have them put on pharmaceutical drugs that can have devastating side effects that either cause them to have suicidal thoughts, or to "lash out violently" as you wrote.

Which I think could indeed, turn out to be the case this time because of medication.

~ ABC
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    NJ ...

I agree 100%. That's what happens when public schools today pass on children that should be held back a grade, don't do it ... make them all feel equal in the classroom ... but do not prepare them for the real world.

To make matters worse, (and this is what gets to me the most) is when the parents DO think that their children are having problems coping with their young lives ... that they willingly have them put on pharmaceutical drugs that can have devastating side effects that either cause them to have suicidal thoughts, or to "lash out violently" as you wrote.

Which I think could indeed, turn out to be the case this time because of medication.

~ ABC

I was wondering if the kid had been medicated at all. Some drugs used with depressed kids (Prozac, Pacsil and Zoloft in particular) have the potential to cause or worsen depression, especially in teens, even though for some adults they work wonders.

I think responsible knife control measures are long overdue. How many more stabbings will we have to endure until we realize that knives kill. We must put in place legislation that requires a 7 day waiting period before you can purchase a knife, especially those long knives that everyone knows are specifically made for cutting things like people. Of course the NKA and corporations like Shrade and Buck will use their money and influence to fight any attempt to lay responsible restrictions on knives, can openers, knitting needles, and the deadly Exacto knife. Write your representatives and tell them enough of the knife violence. Let us get these pointy things off the street so no one else is harmed by these terrible utensils.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Pretty soon all you will be able to buy are these...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Pretty soon all you will be able to buy are these...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I know some inmates that can turn that into a lethal weapon.

Man, you sure hangout with the wrong sort, NJ.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)