1. #1 Earth Day is one day of 365. What about polar ice cap day, rain forest day.... 
    "The economy is a wholly owned subsidiary of the environment, not the other way around." —Sen. Gaylord Nelson

Forty-four years ago today, April 22, 1970, Sen. Nelson, the Wisconsin Democrat—a long-time environmental advocate—gave the first Earth Day speech in Denver. I would have been there, but I missed it because I was in an Arizona prison camp for draft resisters at the time.

While Earth Day organizers refused checks from Standard Oil, Monsanto and Procter and Gamble, among others, many political activists on the left viewed the whole affair with suspicion. They saw environmental advocacy in general as a diversion from "real issues," such as poverty, racism, the Vietnam War and the imperialism that engendered it. Indeed, just a week after that first Earth Day, on April 29, the U.S. sent troops into Cambodia and, within three weeks, six students had been killed during protests at Kent State and Jackson State universities. Environmental matters were for many protesters a low priority.
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/0...e-plunder-day#

The Secret Bloody History Of “Earth Day”

The refusal to defend, explain, or even acknowledge their own "official" propaganda passed absurd half way to its current status.

Rachel Carson is in a class all her own when it comes to mass killing. And by their own actions, those maintaining the DDT ban value the avoidance of bad press over millions of preventable deaths.

Please, let there be a special place in hell just for them.

I forgot about it or I would have lit off the burn pile in the backyard.
    Now it gets the torch Thurs. morning. Better late than never.