Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 115
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by wasp69 View Post
    Okay, it's time to try and gauge exactly what I'm dealing with here. In order to do that, I'm going to present you with a situation and a question:

    Several years ago, a Chinese submarine surfaced in the middle of a US Carrier Battle Group. There was not much noise made about it in the US media at the time, but the communist Chinese propaganda hailed it as a huge victory of their technology to get a submarine in the middle of our warships and put it on the surface. Their premise was that they were able to sneak around and surface at will so we had better watch ourselves while in the Pacific. What attention was paid to it over here didn't completely reflect the communist propaganda, but it didn't truly contradict it either.

    So, the question: Were the Chinese right? Was it a huge victory of their undersea warfare capabilities that they put a submarine on the surface in the middle of our warships? *

    *CUers and visiting Cavers, I ask that you please not answer this until diabetus has the opportunity to answer first.
    I don't know if it was detected, forced to surface, or anything. Maybe the Navy's use of the HMS Gotland helped remedy the problem of detecting very quiet diesel boats. But no, i have no idea who was right, as the US would have nothing to gain by commenting either way as it would either display a weakness, or inform the Chinese of a strength we'd rather not disclose. This is pretty irrelevant though, it would be nice if you could stick to a topic.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by wasp69 View Post
    Maybe you're too much of a thin skinned baby to be mixing it up on political boards on the internet?




    Heh, bless your little pea-pickin' heart...

    Or I post during lunch or during those times I have to take eye breaks from staring at multiple, contrasting primary colors on a computer screen. Another very real possibility is that there are times where I have to be away from my terminal. Or maybe, just maybe, responding to you isn't at the top of my priority list at the time. Considering I'm pretty much my own boss, an independent piece of the projects which I am currently working, my breaks are my own as are my priorities. Considering my primary function on this machine pays the bills, and interacting with you doesn't, those priorities aren't subject to change no matter what your demands might be.

    Can you wrap your head around that, DUmmie, or do I have to put it in a blender and spoon feed you the resultant mush?

    I'm thin skinned? I'm the one calling you out to respond to me. And its funny after you said i'd only get one response you posted several times directed at me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by wasp69 View Post
    Have you ever at any time had a pet mouse named "Tweak" that you allowed to live in your work terminal?
    my work terminal is a laptop so i don't think a mouse would fit
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #104  
    Nothing to say wasp69? Really? I thought you had a thick skin.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #105  
    Senior Member wasp69's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by diabetus View Post
    This is pretty irrelevant though, it would be nice if you could stick to a topic.
    Trust me, it's relevant to the topic, and thank you for your answer.

    I don't know... I have no idea... who was right,
    Okay, I want to take this and set it to the side for just a moment since it will become very important later.

    ...if it was detected, forced to surface, or anything. Maybe the Navy's use of the HMS Gotland helped remedy the problem of detecting very quiet diesel boats... as the US would have nothing to gain by commenting either way as it would either display a weakness, or inform the Chinese of a strength we'd rather not disclose.
    Here is an article you can read that dovetails in with what I was saying about not quite reflecting, but not really contradicting.

    The correct answer, by the way, is that anytime a post WWII/Korea Conflict submarine (ie one without sophisticated O2 systems and deck guns) pops up on the surface, it is for emergency purposes such as catastrophic equipment failure or they have been "chased" out of the water. For that Captain to surface in the middle of a US Carrier Strike Group, he would have had to be a damned fool or playing the part of the mouse. The communist media may have hailed it as a "gotcha", but I can pretty much guarantee the whole wardroom crew of that boat went to prison and/or were executed for such a stupid blunder. What the various media outlets fail to understand, or are too eager in their glee for the US getting a "black eye", is that a surface strike group has at least one fast attack submarine with them - draw from that what you will.

    In other words, they are ignorant.

    From late August to early September of 2008, 3 US warships (CG Cutter Dallas, Guided Missile Destroyer McFaul, Amphibious Command Ship Mt Whitney) docked in the Georgian ports of Batumi and Russian occupied Poti to deliver "humanitarian aid" along with 59 flights into Georgia (Tbilisi) by US military aircraft while Russia was still occupying a good bit of Georgia proper.

    Now, I ask you, what is the significance of docking a guided missile destroyer in an occupied port? Additionally, what is the significance of docking an Amphibious Command Ship in Georgia before the Russian troops had withdrawn?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #106  
    Senior Member wasp69's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by diabetus View Post
    Nothing to say wasp69? Really? I thought you had a thick skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    Can you wrap your head around that, DUmmie, or do I have to put it in a blender and spoon feed you the resultant mush?
    Kind of what I thought, thanks for confirming it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by wasp69 View Post
    Trust me, it's relevant to the topic, and thank you for your answer.



    Okay, I want to take this and set it to the side for just a moment since it will become very important later.



    Here is an article you can read that dovetails in with what I was saying about not quite reflecting, but not really contradicting.

    The correct answer, by the way, is that anytime a post WWII/Korea Conflict submarine (ie one without sophisticated O2 systems and deck guns) pops up on the surface, it is for emergency purposes such as catastrophic equipment failure or they have been "chased" out of the water. For that Captain to surface in the middle of a US Carrier Strike Group, he would have had to be a damned fool or playing the part of the mouse. The communist media may have hailed it as a "gotcha", but I can pretty much guarantee the whole wardroom crew of that boat went to prison and/or were executed for such a stupid blunder. What the various media outlets fail to understand, or are too eager in their glee for the US getting a "black eye", is that a surface strike group has at least one fast attack submarine with them - draw from that what you will.

    In other words, they are ignorant.

    From late August to early September of 2008, 3 US warships (CG Cutter Dallas, Guided Missile Destroyer McFaul, Amphibious Command Ship Mt Whitney) docked in the Georgian ports of Batumi and Russian occupied Poti to deliver "humanitarian aid" along with 59 flights into Georgia (Tbilisi) by US military aircraft while Russia was still occupying a good bit of Georgia proper.

    Now, I ask you, what is the significance of docking a guided missile destroyer in an occupied port? Additionally, what is the significance of docking an Amphibious Command Ship in Georgia before the Russian troops had withdrawn?

    Your opinion is noted. if what you say is true...why wait until it is in torpedo range to "force" it to surface, since you with all your insider knowledge/access to classified info know for a fact that it was forced to surface? the captain of the Chinese sub also could have known that the commander of the CVBG wasn't about to start a world war by sinking a Chinese naval vessel, or it was just a Chinese PR ploy since they also know the US navy is rational enough to not randomly start a war by attacking a submarine.. It has the same significance as flying MREs to Ukraine. In other words, none. Not waving a childish "middle finger" as you so eloquently as the conflict was already over by the time they got there. Not to mention...S Ossetia and Abkhazia to this day are not Georgian, so the "middle finger" did nothing but say please give me my humvees back." Please reread the sentence in bold as many times as necessary for you to understand that.
    Last edited by diabetus; 05-05-2014 at 01:39 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by wasp69 View Post
    Kind of what I thought, thanks for confirming it.
    No, it just confirms that you have an opinion of what happened with no actual knowledge of what went on/proof, and you're just going with your opinion because you think you are right, even though you have no evidence actually confirming what you think or confirming the opposite opinion of what you think.

    I'm calling you out to respond again. Please don't be thin skinned wasp. While you're at it, please post a link to the actual sanctions the US used in response to the 2008 war. I've been waiting for almost a week here, it shouldn't take you that long to google something.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #109  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by diabetus View Post
    No, it just confirms that you have an opinion of what happened with no actual knowledge of what went on/proof, and you're just going with your opinion because you think you are right, even though you have no evidence actually confirming what you think or confirming the opposite opinion of what you think.

    I'm calling you out to respond again. Please don't be thin skinned wasp. While you're at it, please post a link to the actual sanctions the US used in response to the 2008 war. I've been waiting for almost a week here, it shouldn't take you that long to google something.
    I've been following this for a few days and decided to create an account because I am seriously sick of reading the idiotic things you post.

    Wasp posted a link stating that President Bush enacted sanctions that this weak administration decided to reverse. Go back and read it...there's a link.

    And the fact that you don't understand that sending a warship to do humanitarian aid isn't a sign of hard power basically tells me all you need to know. You're in denial like most liberals. How much do you want to bet that the cease fire that was 10 days before the ship got there was actually brokered because they knew US warships were headed to the area? The mere threat of the US Navy ended that conflict and if today's President had a shread of manhood, he'd do the same and more to end this mess already.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by rednation View Post
    I've been following this for a few days and decided to create an account because I am seriously sick of reading the idiotic things you post.

    Wasp posted a link stating that President Bush enacted sanctions that this weak administration decided to reverse. Go back and read it...there's a link.

    And the fact that you don't understand that sending a warship to do humanitarian aid isn't a sign of hard power basically tells me all you need to know. You're in denial like most liberals. How much do you want to bet that the cease fire that was 10 days before the ship got there was actually brokered because they knew US warships were headed to the area? The mere threat of the US Navy ended that conflict and if today's President had a shread of manhood, he'd do the same and more to end this mess already.

    you're just like your buddies txradioguy and wasp, you don't know how to read. Copy and paste the sanctions from the article smart guy. What am i in denial of? All I deny is wasp's knowledge of the situation. Your own statement proves regarding the cease fire proves you utterly wrong. We are also sending "nonlethal aid" which is more than just humanitarian aid to Ukraine right now. Read something before posting things that are completely, utterly wrong.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •