Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Coffee, Tea or Thursday! 
    Up early for no good reason, actually. Off today and my body clock decided to wake me up at 5:35am. I love it. But thank goodness for coffee....which leads me to my Topic O' the Day:

Do you drink coffee to help spark you up for the day? Or tea? Or another kick-start type of beverage? How do you take it, so to speak? I've been a coffee drinker since I was a teen, mostly because my parents both have always had coffee and I tried it when I was young and liked the taste. Also, when I started working my first job where I had to get up fairly early, I found I liked the caffeine kick, too. I like my java with cream and sugar. Black coffee makes me wanna gag... (and usually I ONLY have coffee in the morning, too)
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

We have been grinding whole beans for the better part of 20 years here. We were coffee snobs before being coffee snobs was cool. :-) One of my traditional Christmas gifts every year is a pound of Jamaican Blue Mountain or Kona.

I use half and half and splenda and my wife drinks it black.

I have a big mugga Mocha Java at hand right now trying to jump start the machinery. :)

Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    We have been grinding whole beans for the better part of 20 years here. We were coffee snobs before being coffee snobs was cool. :-) One of my traditional Christmas gifts every year is a pound of Jamaican Blue Mountain or Kona.

I have a big mugga Mocha Java at hand right now trying to jump start the machinery. :)
    Well, I wouldn't call myself a "coffee snob" but I DO know a little bit about it (since I ran a B&N cafe for a year many years ago). I love the taste of Arabica beans over the regular old Maxwell House type robusto but I usually end up drinking the latter because of price. I've honestly never had the ultra-coffee like the two you mentioned but would love to try them someday.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

We drained the swamp cooler and put away the patio furniture last night. Tonight we will get the last of the peppers in and relocate the tender potted plants to the greenhouse.

TOTD: I am the anti-coffee snob. I drink tea from May through August. I like the specialty teas but I'm fine with Bob's Box O' A Bajillion Tea Bags. I buy the cheapest coffee they carry at Wal-Mart. I just don't care. I make a pot at home and then take the extra to work in a thermos.

No cream, sugar, lemon, or fancy-pants-shaved-Peruvian-fair-trade-chocolate-sprinkles for this cowgirl. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post

I buy coffee at Barneys in the mall, you get a punch card and after 10 buys of a pound of coffee you get a free pound of the last one you buy. I get a buddy to go halves on the last pound I buy (Blue Mountan) and I get 1 lb. free, so we both end up with a pound but at 1/2 price.

Splenda and half and half here also!

Try pouring a cup on your cheerios! Thats how I first had coffee!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Banned
    Another gorgeous Autumn day here in New England -- sunny, clear, highs in the high 60s, low 70s.

TOTD:
    For I have known them all already, known them all:—
    Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons,
    I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;
    I drink a couple of cups of coffee a day. In the morning, I do the bean grinding routine. Not much of a "snob" in terms of bean selection, but I generally prefer a strong breakfast roast. Take it with milk or cream, whichever is available. Most afternoons, particularly if I'm in the City, I'll go out for a Starbucks latte.

I like both, but prefer tea.

Low 80's here. Had a storm blow through the east part of the county this morning, but the sun's back out now.

The only hot beverage down here is coffee. I drink some coffee, lots of cream lots of sugar. Why settle for caffeine when you can top it off with a sugar rush? Tea is cold and sweet. I usually start the day with Mt. Dew. Then I drink tea with my meals. Caffeine doesn't wake me up. When it's cold, I can drink coffe right before going to bed. Of course I can sleep on command.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

My regular coffee is Folgers Classic Roast. It suits me just fine for price and taste.

My "treat" coffee is Seattle's Best Cinnabon Coffee. It just makes me smile everytime I get a whiff of it. I'll usually make that on Fridays or on special occasions.

I've also been known to stop at Einstein Bros. Bagels specifically for their Vanilla Hazelnut coffee. That's good stuff.

I always take my coffee black. Cream and sugar are for sissies. :D

Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    My regular coffee is Folgers Classic Roast. It suits me just fine for price and taste.
    Same here, when I drink it. I also like that cheap convenience store French Vanilla Cappucinno.

I went to Starbucks, the only time I've ever been to a coffee shop, and ordered a Cappucino. I figured it would be the same, just better. My hillbilly ass didn't know there was such a thing as unflavored cappucinno. It tasted like somebody boiled a beer. I smoked damn near a half a pack of cigarettes trying to get that taste out of my mouth.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad