1. #1 NYC Mayor: Spent NYPD Range Shell Casings Cannot Be Sold to Ammo Manufacturers 
    As part of his commitment "to public safety," New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio will no longer allow ammunition manufacturers to enter bids for spent New York City Police Department (NYPD) shell casings.

According to the New York Times, Georgia Arms won the auction for the shell casings in 2012 with a bid of $67,680.

NYT reports that "Georgia Arms routinely buys once-fired shell casings, reloads them with bullets and sells a bag of 50 for $15 to the public." Their winning bid in 2012 netted them "28,000 pounds of shell casings."

New York's Department of Citywide Administrative Services is holding an auction for the first time since Georgia Arms bought the shell casings in 2012. The prize is "67,200 pounds...of spent brass casings," enough to be converted "into millions of bullets." Mayor de Blasio has made it clear that the bidding is open only to "recyclers or their representatives."

In other words, Georgia Arms need not apply.

De Blasio press secretary Phil Walzak explained:

As a member of Mayors Against Illegal Guns, Mayor de Blasio has pledged to protect our people and support the national movement for common sense gun control. Limiting the sell of bullet shell casings and lead to metal recyclers supports our overall commitment to public safety.
    http://cdn.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-Manufacturers
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

There really ought to be a 30% surcharge on all weapon and ammunition sales to NYC and Kalifornistan law enforcement agencies and government bodies. It would never actually happen in a free market, of course, someone would always sell it to them at the market rate.

Wait. 50 for $15? And that's supposed to be a bargain? I can buy a brand new box of 9mm for $17.

Mayor de Blasio has made it clear that the bidding is open only to "recyclers or their representatives."
    In turn, said recyclers turn around and sell the shell casings to bullet manufacturers.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Wait. 50 for $15? And that's supposed to be a bargain? I can buy a brand new box of 9mm for $17.

In turn, said recyclers turn around and sell the shell casings to bullet manufacturers.
    $17? I can buy new of box of 100 9mm for $27 here in Missouri.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

During ammunition shortages that is not a bad price. Some places in the United States it's still very difficult to buy ammunition. Not all ammo is created equally either.