Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Just Cast My Vote 
    My official Absentee Ballot for Pennsylvania arrived today in the mail. Sadly, I realized I'm not located in the 12th Congressional District, rather the 16th, so I'm not able to vote for Bill Russell over Jumpin' Jack Murtha. :mad:

I sat staring at the choices for President for over an hour:

Obama
    McCain
    Nader
    Barr

This is what was presented, these were the choices I had. I studied it, thought it over, ran it through my head over and over and over again deciding what I'd do. It was honestly one of the toughest decisions I've ever made in my life and I'm not making light of the situation, it really was.

It was never a struggle between Obama and McCain, not for me. Obama was never ready for the post, still isn't and never will be, he's not a good person and I know this in my heart. Nader has been and always will be a joke, not a thought in my head went to him. The struggle for me was: Could I once again compromise my Conservative and Libertarian views and pick a man simply because he's not as bad as his counterpart? Could I once again prop up another RINO who has been among the long line of RINOs that destroyed the Republican Party that once knew such an incredible man like Barry Goldwater?

In the end, I voted for Barr and mailed the envelope just a while ago. Now I know the Rush answer to this immediately is going to be, "Well you just threw your vote away and people like you are going to put Obama in the White House". That isn't true. It'll never be true. John McCain throwing Conservatism to the wayside will put Obama in the White House, if Obama wins the election. He gave us Palin and expected Conservatives to say "Ok, he's got my vote now". Well Palin isn't enough. Not for me. Not when I see him calling for more Big Government intervention, more bailouts and handouts in this week's debate. Not a man who thinks that it's the Government's responsibility to step in when you fail because of poor or corrupt decisions. Not when I once again see a Republican candidate who shirks away true Conservative principles as George Bush has done and then believes that he's a real Conservative.

Lord knows, there's stuff I don't like about Bob Barr too. But at the end of the day, you have to do what you feel is right in your heart and I'd rather vote my conscience then pick the lesser of 2 evils. I hope I haven't lost any respect of my fellow members here for it, because I've thoroughly enjoyed talking with all of you and consider us friends and allies. I know I'm not the only one here with strong reservations about McCain this year, and I wish you all the best in choosing who you feel is best for the country and also best for you.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Personally, I think you voting for whomever best represents you is the way to go.

Now let's see if the Libtards actually let your vote be counted.

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    Not when I see him calling for more Big Government intervention, more bailouts and handouts in this week's debate. Not a man who thinks that it's the Government's responsibility to step in when you fail because of poor or corrupt decisions.

That very thing has me torn the same way. I was willing to give McCain a pass on all the bullshit he's pulled from McCain/Kennedy to McCain/Fiengold to keep Obama out of the White House. After the last debate, I'm wondering if there's really that much difference. If we're going to hell anyway, let's go with our eyes wide open. I'm seriously debating on voting for Barr, myself. I just have to get the image of him eating cheese from Borat out of my head.:D

Honestly, I'm not sure how I'll vote. That's why I'll wait 'til election day.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    That very thing has me torn the same way. I was willing to give McCain a pass on all the bullshit he's pulled from McCain/Kennedy to McCain/Fiengold to keep Obama out of the White House. After the last debate, I'm wondering if there's really that much difference. If we're going to hell anyway, let's go with our eyes wide open. I'm seriously debating on voting for Barr, myself. I just have to get the image of him eating cheese from Borat out of my head.:D

Honestly, I'm not sure how I'll vote. That's why I'll wait 'til election day.
    Same here, you know I was willing to let him pass on the bill with Graham too and then I saw him saying that "The Government will dictate the interest rates on your bad mortgage loans" and he blew it for me. That moment I almost broke down because in my heart I know he's a good man, he's a war hero and I could serve under him as my Commander in Chief and salute him with pride. But he's too much like Nixon; he's way too willing to listen to the moderates and progressives around him and it makes me so angry because he could be so good if he were to just shake off the Left and follow sound proven Conservative principles.

You know what angers me the most about McCain? He KNEW Barry Goldwater. He was a successor to Goldwater, he should be a strong Conservative who doesn't back down and doesn't waffle. You know what I would give to have been able to meet Barry and talk with him for just 5 minutes? And John McCain should've learned from the man. What the hell happened to this country of ours?

And holy Sh*t Rebel, that WAS Barr in Borat! I totally forgot about that. Oh man:p
    Last edited by marinejcksn; 10-09-2008 at 12:22 PM.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    Same here, you know I was willing to let him pass on the bill with Graham too and then I saw him saying that "The Government will dictate the interest rates on your bad mortgage loans" and he blew it for me. That moment I almost broke down because in my heart I know he's a good man, he's a war hero and I could serve under him as my Commander in Chief and salute him with pride. But he's too much like Nixon; he's way too willing to listen to the moderates and progressives around him and it makes me so angry because he could be so good if he were to just shake off the Left and follow sound proven Conservative principles.

You know what angers me the most about McCain? He KNEW Barry Goldwater. He was a successor to Goldwater, he should be a strong Conservative who doesn't back down and doesn't waffle. You know what I would give to have been able to meet Barry and talk with him for just 5 minutes? And John McCain should've learned from the man. What the hell happened to this country of ours?

And holy Sh*t Rebel, that WAS Barr in Borat! I totally forgot about that. Oh man:p
    McCain is more concerned with being a Maverick than being a Conservative.

Bob Barr
    http://www.chbn.com/Clip.aspx?key=8BF2D6BFC8CACD0C
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

noonwitch
    It's got to be hard for conservatives who look up to the guy in your icon-Goldwater was a real individual. I'm a liberal who liked Goldwater. My hs government teacher, a die-hard liberal, always told us to pay attention to Barry Goldwater, because he votes his conscience, thinks for himself, and loves his country.

Congratulations on acting on principle -- that's the only way out of this misery, in the long-term.

Banned
    We need the applause emoticon back.

Eyelids
    If Obama wasn't such a raging liberal I wouldn't be voting for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    If Obama wasn't such a lying, crooked, Chicago-style politician I wouldn't be voting for him.

Didn't you mean this?
    Last edited by Gingersnap; 10-09-2008 at 03:03 PM.