Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,869
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    :D Excellent picture - but do you have another explaination for the vast majority of our people's ease with debt?

    Besides, sheep will always be sheep?
    There will always be enablers.
    Liberal policies always fail.

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Senior Member LogansPapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Liberal policies always fail.
    So the numerous credit card offers you've recieved in your mail box in the last decade were due to "Liberal Policies?"
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Goldwater
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Besides, sheep will always be sheep?
    There will always be enablers.
    Liberal policies always fail.
    You see that LP? Thats word partnership and slam dunking me and Pat have going on there.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,869
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    So the numerous credit card offers you've recieved in your mail box in the last decade were due to "Liberal Policies?"
    Yes. I blame everything on Libs, they earned it and deserve it!

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Senior Member LogansPapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Yes. I blame everything on Libs, they earned it and deserve it!
    So the Libs own all the banks? You're an idiot.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Senior Member MrsSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,391
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    :D Excellent picture - but do you have another explaination for the vast majority of our people's ease with debt?
    The income tax system also reduces long term economic growth by double taxing savings and investments through capital gains taxes, corporate income, and other taxes on capital formation. Our government taxes earned income and also the proportion of that income that individuals and families save. The result of this double taxation has been the alarming reduction in the American savings rate...

    http://www.cba.uni.edu/economics/Themes/sauerbrei.pdf
    Trying to escape the liberal policies that tax even savings, but give a tax break for some types of paid interest. Trying to pay the necessary expenses despite the government taking half your income?
    -
    -
    -

    In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

    Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Senior Member LogansPapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Trying to escape the liberal policies that tax even savings, but give a tax break for some types of paid interest. Trying to pay the necessary expenses despite the government taking half your income?
    Thought GWB gave some of the largest tax-breaks to Americans since Reagan?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    And how and why do you think so much credit was opened to them? Again, back to interest rates.

    Business and consumer alike just got drunk on an artificial market, they are sheep to the slaughter.
    I know it's before your time but many people bought houses during the Carter era at 17%. Home owners in the current era used their homes like credit cards to buy cars, boats and other stupid shit. Interest rates have nothing to do with business's and consumer's borrowing up to the hilt. They thought the good times would never end. The government to this day encourages more spending to keep the economy rolling. That is insane. I don't know what part of stupid in this triangle of government spending, consumer spending and business spending that people do not understand.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Senior Member MrsSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,391
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Thought GWB gave some of the largest tax-breaks to Americans since Reagan?
    Yes, he did...but they were nowhere near enough to fix the original problem, nor keep the economy out of danger. At least he tried. Obama is going to tax our savings even more if we're unlucky enough to see him win.
    -
    -
    -

    In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

    Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Goldwater
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I know it's before your time but many people bought houses during the Carter era at 17%. Home owners in the current era used their homes like credit cards to buy cars, boats and other stupid shit. Interest rates have nothing to do with business's and consumer's borrowing up to the hilt. They thought the good times would never end. The government to this day encourages more spending to keep the economy rolling. That is insane. I don't know what part of stupid in this triangle of government spending, consumer spending and business spending that people do not understand.
    Well I always agreed with you here, Carter was the last guy who said the spending without saving has to end, and look what happened to him. As better as Reagan was as president, one of his lesser legacies is the encouragement of the spend now save later culture. Never thought I'd be praising Carter... However I make the point that it had gotten particularly bad over the past couple of years under Greenspan and now Bernanke.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •