Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Marv, so sorry that you lost your friend. It gets tougher as we all get older, losing people that meant a lot to you. He sounds like a wonderful person. Were you able to see him recently?
    Over the years - since retirement - we talked on the phone. The wife and I had retired to SW Missouri, but Charlie remained in Columbus, Ohio with his wife, Betty. The last time we saw each other was in 1999 when he was returning from his Alaska (motorcycle) trip when he stopped by Shell Knob.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Prayers for you and the family man. I lost a friend last night and my best friend 3 weeks ago. :'-(
    Sorry for both of your losses.

Sincere condolences, Marv. Charlie sounds like he was a stand-up guy.
    U.S. Army, Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Between family, long-time friends, and classmates/acquaintances, I've been to half a dozen funerals in the last couple of years.

It never gets any easier when someone dies.
    Chris ... think I read somewhere in here that you are only 39 years old ...

You are far too young to be going through all this pain of losing family and friends at this stage of your life. Here's hoping that you have faith in "the man upstairs" as I like to call Him ... even if you don't ... I'll pray to Him for you.

Life is a real bummer at times, but hang in there, I really do believe that each one of us is here for a reason, if only to make a small difference in someone else's life ... as I have a feeling that you did, in each of the individual's funerals that you attended.

~ ABC
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Chris ... think I read somewhere in here that you are only 39 years old ...

You are far too young to be going through all this pain of losing family and friends at this stage of your life. Here's hoping that you have faith in "the man upstairs" as I like to call Him ... even if you don't ... I'll pray to Him for you.

Life is a real bummer at times, but hang in there, I really do believe that each one of us is here for a reason, if only to make a small difference in someone else's life ... as I have a feeling that you did, in each of the individual's funerals that you attended.

~ ABC
    Chris is a top notch guy. Those are very kind words.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Between family, long-time friends, and classmates/acquaintances, I've been to half a dozen funerals in the last couple of years.

It never gets any easier when someone dies.
    That hasn't happened to us yet but I'm sure it's coming. We've been through clusters of weddings.... clusters of baby showers.... clusters of children's weddings.... so it's coming.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken