Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Goldwater
    Cops at an event for security get forced into photo ops with politicians all the time, poor guys.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Baines and Milhouse were commonly known. I saw no outrage then, why now? Is something shameful about being named Hussein?
    Milhouse

Milhous

Goldwater
    Nixon got viciously attacked for that middle name, it's a miracle he won.

the only thing I see that is unethical is taking away the free speech rights of someone just because you might not like what they have to say.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Milhouse

Milhous

Your not-so-subtle point is noted. You apparently got the point but chose to pick on spelling.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Your not-so-subtle point is noted. You apparently got the point but chose to pick on spelling.
    I wasn't making much of a point, rather just taking advantage of an opportunity to post a funny similarity in the poses of the two. And, btw, I voted for Nixon in 72 and, to my recollection, he was always referred to as "Richard M Nixon" if his full name was used during the campaign. Could be wrong on that (it's been 30+ years), but I looked back at some of the commercials on both sides and none used "Milhous."

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    I wasn't making much of a point, rather just taking advantage of an opportunity to post a funny similarity in the poses of the two. And, btw, I voted for Nixon in 72 and, to my recollection, he was always referred to as "Richard M Nixon" if his full name was used during the campaign. Could be wrong on that (it's been 30+ years), but I looked back at some of the commercials on both sides and none used "Milhous."
    Wow! Your'e OLD. :D Me too. :(
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Hatch Act for State and Local Employees
    Is an elected official an employee?

I would say no.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Is an elected official an employee?

I would say no.
    good point. And even if he was - Does being an employee mean that you sacrifice your right to a political opinion or your rights to free speech?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

another example of why not:

New York teachers sue over ban on campaign buttons
    By LARRY NEUMEISTER – 1 day ago

NEW YORK (AP) — The teachers' union for the nation's largest public school system accused the city on Friday of banning political campaign buttons and sued to reverse the policy, declaring that free speech rights were violated.

United Federation of Teachers President Randi Weingarten announced at a news conference that a lawsuit had been filed in U.S. District Court in Manhattan to challenge the enforcement of the policy.

"We couldn't believe it," said Weingarten, who wore a Barack Obama lapel button. The American Federation of Teachers, including its UFT delegates, voted over the summer to endorse Obama's presidential candidacy.

Weingarten said schools Chancellor Joel Klein urged principals more than two weeks ago to enforce a Department of Education policy requiring complete political neutrality.

City lawyer Paul Marks said officials were still evaluating the lawsuit.

"However, we're confident that when the court has had the opportunity to fully consider this matter, the city's position will be upheld," he said.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...W02wQD93NTGBO0
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)