Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    Did he honestly refer to Ayers as a "Respected professor" and say the New York Times was "America's Greatest Newspaper"? .
    Pretty pathetic, eh?

Ayers and Obama

So much for a 'respected professor'.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Last time I looked, nobody much cared if politicians, sports stars, entertainers, or assorted others mangled the language with their impenetrable accents and reliance on insider slang.

SUre. One look at Obama tells us that.

His accent changes to the audience that he wishes to pander to.

One minute he sounds 'black', then highly educated, then white, then black again ...

All the while throwing in uh,um uh, uh uih, oh, er, uh.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    No it doesn't bother me all that much anymore. The left has gotten to the point of dropping any pretense of truth,integrety or caring about anything but gaining power & control over everything & everyone, Although I will point that out time to time to their usefull idiots I'm willing to stand back & let them destroy themselves by showing exactly who they are & what they really think & Believe.
    Does a failing economy have "any pretense of truth"? If so, why does your current president spend 2 minutes out in the Rose Garden to address it? And your candidate rush back to DC after "suspending" his campaign in a flurry of media psych, stand by like a silent ghost, and then dash back into his race when he’s got nothing to contribute?

People are coming to realise the Republican’s show, like their cute little gal, is just a cardboard cut-out.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The left has gotten to the point of dropping any pretense of truth,integrety or caring about anything but gaining power & control over everything & everyone, Although I will point that out time to time to their usefull idiots I'm willing to stand back & let them destroy themselves by showing exactly who they are & what they really think & Believe.
    That's about the only reason I let LP and CW hang around here Zeus. :p:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Palin was on her own throughout Florida this week. She and McCain both were interviewed by Hannity. She gave a good interview.

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Pretty accurate, pretty devastating. On a related note, CNN showed a clip of Palin this morning being interviewed by Hannity. And sitting right beside her was McCain. As it was simply a clip, I don't know if Hannity was interviewing both of them or McCain was just there to make sure she didn't say anything stupid. CNN didn't mention it either as the purpose of the clip was to illustrate Palin's position on something, not to point out that McCain was there. Then later today, I saw they were stumping in Ohio (I think) together. Does he ever let her go out on her own? Isn't this a problem for a campaign that's behind, as it effectively halves the area they can cover?

I was flipping channels last night, and Hannity was interviewing them both. I didn't watch much of it, because I really hate Sean Hannity.
    Wouldn't it be more fair and balanced if someone at FOX other than Hannity interviewed her once in a while? Like give Colmes a shot at it?
    I have refrained from making mean Sarah Palin comments at this board, because I know a lot of posters like her. I like the lipstick color she wore at the debate, though. It would probably look good on me. My mom always said try to say one nice thing about someone you don't like, so there it is-actually, I can say two. Her kids are cute, especially Piper, the little girl. I noted at the convention, when everyone was hugging everyone in that fake, political way, Piper embraced John McCain like her was her grandfather. I found that to be endearing.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Does a failing economy have "any pretense of truth"? If so, why does your current president spend 2 minutes out in the Rose Garden to address it? And your candidate rush back to DC after "suspending" his campaign in a flurry of media psych, stand by like a silent ghost, and then dash back into his race when he’s got nothing to contribute?

People are coming to realise the Republican’s show, like their cute little gal, is just a cardboard cut-out.

They have AT WORST been ineffective in combating the influence of the Dems. Oil prices and bad mortgages were the genesis of this problem. BOTH are legitimately laid at the feet of the Dems.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

If she wanted to have fun and show everyone she wasn’t just a posing doll, she’d go on SNL and parity Tina Fey. That would be gutty.
    Palin To Join Fey On Saturday Night Live?
    The VP Candidate Says Comedienne "Is A Hoot," And Would Like To Appear Side-By-Side With Her On SNL

NEW YORK, Oct. 9, 2008

(AP) It seems like the inevitable comedic summit of this fall's presidential campaign: the real Sarah Palin coming on "Saturday Night Live" to meet her look-alike impersonator, Tina Fey.

"All in good time," said a cagey Lorne Michaels, longtime executive producer of NBC's "Saturday Night Live," which has been rejuvenated this fall by Fey's three skits as the Republican vice presidential candidate.

Michaels said on Wednesday he wasn't actively seeking Palin, but that the McCain campaign called after the first skit, when Fey's Palin appeared with Amy Poehler's Hillary Clinton on the show's Sept. 13 season premiere, to say they enjoyed it.

"Saturday Night Live" has a long history of political walk-ons. Michaels prefers keeping this sort of news a surprise until it happens, an opinion reinforced when word leaked that Barack Obama would be on that same show and the Democratic presidential candidate had to cancel at the last minute. "I think we looked stupid," he said.

There are three more first-run "Saturday Night Live" episodes before the election. Starting Thursday, NBC is also airing three prime-time editions of the show at 9:30 p.m. EDT.

Palin told reporters on Tuesday she'd love to appear on the show with Fey.

"I love her, she's a hoot and she's so talented," Palin said. "It would be fun to meet her, imitate her and keep on giving her new material."
    Apparently, she does have "guts". :D

CBS

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Apparently, she does have "guts". :D
    Outstand'en!:D
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Well, that and it’s easy to put a bug up you guys asses. ;)
    So you're a troll?

Ban him.

Again.
    Be Not Afraid.