1. #1 primitives discuss what they had for supper Thursday evening 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/115741742

Oh my.

There's nothing special about this thread; it's just that the cooking and baking primitives needed reminding that franksolich is still watching for their seditious sentiments and criminal conduct.

<<<always on primitive-watching duty, even if not logged in anywhere.

Lucinda (17,801 posts) Thu May 1, 2014, 12:31 PM

What's for Dinner ~ Thursday ~ May 1st

I cannot believe its May already! Time moves soooo quickly these days.

We are about to have Wednesdays "dinner" now and 12:30 in the afternoon....which is a skillet breakfast.
    Not sure what our Thursday dinner will be, tomorrow morning, but I'm on a light meal kick, so maybe a big salad.

You?
    You know, I've been reading up on this hookworm thing. I'm sure dear old sweet Lu is afflicted with them, as she displays all the classic symptoms of it; sheer laziness, lethargy, and apathy.

Apparently sometimes it can be treated successfully--not always, but sometimes--with Epsom salts. And so if dear old sweet Lu's too embarrassed to discuss this, uh, delicate problem with a physician, she might want to try this first. It might, or might not, work for her. It wouldn't hurt to try.

I'm not sure what one does, but I imagine one dissolves a bunch of Epsom salts in quinine water, and drinks it.

Erich Bloodaxe BSN (628 posts) Thu May 1, 2014, 12:49 PM

1. Mozza-stuffed meatballs

in a marinara over spaghetti squash.

I'm back in 'recovery' from my food addiction, taking it a day at a time, and dropping about a pound a day so far, simply from chopping sugar-based 'treats'. Another couple weeks and I'll be back where I was before I discovered Graeter's caramel truffle gelato and began acting like a truffle pig...that stuff is seriously addictive.
    cbayer (130,509 posts) Thu May 1, 2014, 01:08 PM

2. Going back to civilization tomorrow, so going to use up everything fresh.

Quesadillas, guacomole, tomato, salad and green pepper salad.

And I still have a big, fat watermelon that I'm going to slice up this afternoon.
    littlewolf (2,203 posts) Thu May 1, 2014, 01:49 PM

3. a couple of days ago we had a chuck roast in the crock pot

today the left overs become stew ....
    bif (16,062 posts) Thu May 1, 2014, 03:34 PM

4. Wine & snacks at the symphony.
    ^^^the primitive's trying to act "cultured," when in fact we know the primitive spent the evening bellied up at the neighborhood bar, watching roller derby on the big-screen television, quaffing cheap beer and dining on pickled eggs and pigs' feet that one finds in big jars on the counter.

greatauntoftriplets (139,194 posts) Thu May 1, 2014, 03:44 PM

6. A chicken and rice casserole.

It's 48 degrees here and something winter-ish sounds good. Leftover carrots from the other day.
    pinto (102,884 posts) Thu May 1, 2014, 04:49 PM

7. Ham and navy bean soup w/ carrots and onions.

My neighbor and I trade dishes sometimes. My trade was NE clam chowder. (Clams, potatoes, onions, some celery, 1/2 & 1/2 thinned with some water, pepper, salt and enough butter to make a cardiologist take note.)
    Galileo126 (373 posts) Thu May 1, 2014, 04:57 PM

8. Baby back ribs

on the grill, with a spicy BBQ sauce. I just made a mac salad, and I'll make a cucumber/tomato/onion salad with a vinaigrette.
    japple (4,494 posts) Thu May 1, 2014, 07:14 PM

9. Orange juice, tylenol, herb tea, and off to bed.

Came down with a nasty cold yesterday and still feel like crap.
    NJCher (16,498 posts) Thu May 1, 2014, 10:42 PM

11. yeah, japple

I hope you get some babyin', too.

I was sick with that thing and it was horrible. Your plan sounds like a good one, though.

I didn't have anything good for dinner because I got the privilege of spending my dinner hour and cooking time getting water out of my basement. It took 90", not counting the 2 hours of shopping time I used up getting a new wet vac and two new super-high velocity fans. Fortunately, once I got all this great equipment, it cleaned up fast.

Everybody's meals sound so good. I wish I had even some leftovers. Those babyback ribs on the grill...yummm. Or those quesadillas with fresh tomato and guacamole....
    laundry_queen (6,366 posts) Fri May 2, 2014, 03:37 AM

12. Balsamic glazed pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes and cooked onions & cabbage w/boursin

The cabbage was so tasty...I got the recipe from a low carb cookbook. You cook the cabbage in water or chicken stock then sauté it with a bit of boursin...makes it creamy and tasty. Usually it has mushrooms in it too, but alas, my mushrooms somehow got stuck in the back of the fridge and turned icky (probably got frozen). So I left them out. Instead I had a jar of fried onions (I use them on perogies usually) that I added. Yum! If I didn't have kids to cook for, I would make THAT my meal. Who needs the rest?
    "Lu looks like she could eat corn on the cob through a picket fence"--Big Dog

They sure claim to eat some fancy food off of our tax dime.

Who woulda thunk all those were available as frozen dinners?

Sent from HAL 9000