Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 ObamaTolls have Proglodytes at each other's throats 
    There is simply too much good stuff to post but this thread has it all including the Proglodytes calling their nay-saying cohorts racists and a debate about whether that is a legitimate characterization of political dissent.

www.democraticunderground.com/10024894048

Enjoy. I know I did.

First off, I thought Demo_Chris made a solid argument in his opening salvo.

Response to Recursion (Reply #5)

Thu May 1, 2014, 04:59 AM

Politicalboi (11,395 posts)

6. When they tax the 1% like they should

And raise the minimum wage to $15.00, $10.10 is NOT enough. Without that, this burden once again is on the backs of those who can least afford it. What they should do, is make it cost more to register older cars, and less for new cars. Each year older, another $100.00 a year.
    Holy crap!!!

Response to Recursion (Reply #67)

Thu May 1, 2014, 10:12 AM

DisgustipatedinCA (7,534 posts)

70. So you're also accusing anyone who doesn't agree with your thesis of being racist?

That's weak stuff. I thought you liked to at least pretend to be a big thinker, but you've gone straight to the last refuge. Unimpressive.
    And away we go.
    Last edited by Karin; 05-02-2014 at 08:34 AM.

You're right; it's a very enjoyable thread, watching the primitives wiggle-waggle their armpits at each other, making menacing grunts and snorts. I recommend one go to the link and read it.

nadinbrzezinski (133,473 posts) Thu May 1, 2014, 10:30 PM

123. I would agree IF... we had extensive, and good public transportation systems

like they have in your home country.

I live in a city where I can do quite a bit using the Trolley. the buss system is so inefficient that it takes triple the time to get from point A to point B using the bus system. So yes, I could go to my doctor for the appointment using the bus, but instead of an hour and a half, including the appointment, we are talking four hours. And it is in a good neighborhood.

And if you live outside the city, and as far away as Alpine, good luck with public transportation... it is essentially non existent. Many of those residents work in San Diego though, and need to drive.

So noble yes, but not without a lot of other things. Also, we pay that money with gas taxes, and that money is not used for infrastructure for the most part.
    Now, the cousin's a stay-at-home housewife; time isn't important to her. She has all day to do stuff.
    "Lu looks like she could eat corn on the cob through a picket fence"--Big Dog

Jesus Malverde (5,027 posts)

13. Its a bad idea unless your an investor

Then it's awesome to have a government partner, captive customers and a guaranteed cash flow.

Long live the free market!

It's like the SNAP program, it puts cash into jpmorgan chase or xerox every time you use the card.

Like Walmart they are predators of poverty programs and very pleased with themselves.
    Stick it to the man! Stop supporting the 1%! Get yourself off welfare pronto! oh, wait....

SidDithers (32,061 posts)
    35. Reason #6. Obama's proposing it!...

Is ODS covered under Obamacare?

Sid

Sid cuts through the BS.

I live in a city where I can do quite a bit using the Trolley. the buss system is so inefficient that it takes triple the time to get from point A to point B using the bus system. So yes, I could go to my doctor for the appointment using the bus, but instead of an hour and a half, including the appointment, we are talking four hours. And it is in a good neighborhood.

Someone should read and understand history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General...car_conspiracy

Toll roads are racist?

We don't have any in Michigan, unless you count the 4 toll bridges, 3 of which are also border crossings. I would be willing to pay a toll to drive on a freeway when I'm traveling out of town under the following conditions:

1. All trucks and buses are banned, except the road maintenance vehicles.
    2. The speed limit is raised to 80 mph (or higher).
    3. The minimum speed allowed is 70 mph.
    4. It can't be named for any politician, but can be named after Indy/NASCAR legends.

An autobahn that went from NYC to SF or LA would be awesome. I would further suggest banning all drivers over 70 and under 21 from driving on it, but that would be age-ist.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I would be willing to pay a toll to drive on a freeway when I'm traveling out of town under the following conditions:

1. All trucks and buses are banned, except the road maintenance vehicles.
    2. The speed limit is raised to 80 mph (or higher).
    3. The minimum speed allowed is 70 mph.
    4. It can't be named for any politician, but can be named after Indy/NASCAR legends.

An autobahn that went from NYC to SF or LA would be awesome. I would further suggest banning all drivers over 70 and under 21 from driving on it, but that would be age-ist.
    One of the best ideas I have heard in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Toll roads are racist?
    ... I would further suggest banning all drivers over 70 and under 21 from driving on it, but that would be age-ist.
    Sure, you say that now, but I'll bet things will look different to you when you're 70.

After reading thru about half that thread, I've come to one conclusion:

If the brains of all DUmmies could be turned to gunpowder, there wouldn't be enough to fire a BB gun...

Threads like that one should come with a warning, my computer lost memory from the enormous STUPIDITY contained in it, stupid so concentrated, it had its own gravitational field!