Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Hey everybody - just a quick hello. 
    Good to see everyone!

I've been trying to post, but haven't been at home to post from my PC and I wasn't recognized using my Kindle.

I shamelessly ask for your prayers. My sweetie of 26 years would welcome your good thoughts and prayers. He is a 173rd Airborne Ranger and has been in the Minneapolis V.A. MICU unit for the past few days.

It's not life threatening at this point, but I ask for good thoughts and prayers. Thanks so much. I'll update. Thanks, JLO

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Welcome & prayers for you and the family.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Good to see you and prayer from here.

Prayers up for you and your sweetie. Keep in touch.
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.

JLO,

It's good to hear from you.

All the best to you and your fella.
    It is the right and duty of the citizen to be at all times armed.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by JLO View Post
    Good to see everyone!

I've been trying to post, but haven't been at home to post from my PC and I wasn't recognized using my Kindle.

I shamelessly ask for your prayers. My sweetie of 26 years would welcome your good thoughts and prayers. He is a 173rd Airborne Ranger and has been in the Minneapolis V.A. MICU unit for the past few days.

It's not life threatening at this point, but I ask for good thoughts and prayers. Thanks so much. I'll update. Thanks, JLO
    Welcome JLO ...

Don't know you, but will pray for you, your "sweetie" and the rest of your family. Prayers from the folks in CU, plus friends & family back here, have kept me going for the past six years for my sweetie, who's biopsies for the very first time (this past Thursday)came back clean!!!

I really do believe that the more people that are willing to pray for you ... the better and does indeed go a long way to making a difference.

Will pray for God to give you the strength you will need to get through this scary time.

~ Gerry aka ABC
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Welcome, JLO, and prayers coming for you and your guy. I know too well how scary the ICU is--SR was in it the end of March. I pray that he will be out of there soon. As ABC says, prayers really do help.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Long time no see, JLO, sorry to hear your guy is stuck in the hospital. Hope and best wishes!

9. #9 Thanks everyone. 
    Mark didn't make it.

He went into the hospital by ambulance because he was too weak to drive himself or ride with me to the doctor. He was admitted with pneumonia and a urinary infection three weeks ago. Things went downhill very quickly with several other diagnoses. Final word was cancer that spread too quickly to major organs. His last night of sleeping was with (sounds just like his cat that he loved dearly) purring in his ear via a compact disk. I am doing a final ash scattering of his ashes along with his cat's ashes who was cremated a couple of years ago in the back woods of our property.

- he had full military honors and burial at Ft. Snelling yesterday and his Mass will be near home in Nashwauk June 3.

Thank God for our families and friends who were by my side and his brothers' and daughters' sides. Couldn't have made it through this without them. And thanks to all of you at CU for listening to me and your thoughts and prayers - I appreciate it!

JLO

So sorry to hear this. Prayers for all of you and yours.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.