1. #1 "Sterling ‘Didn’t Want To Pay Me Because I Was White’" 
    Power CUer
    Redick: Donald Sterling ‘Didn’t Want To Pay Me Because I Was White’
    May 5, 2014 8:59 AM
    http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2014/0...e-i-was-white/

DURHAM, N.C. (CBS Charlotte/AP) — Los Angeles Clippers guard J.J. Redick says that owner Donald Sterling was hesitant to sign him last summer because he’s white.

Speaking to USA Today, Redick went into detail about how his four-year, $27 million sign-and-trade deal almost fell apart despite being initially agreed upon.

“I’ve been told both ways: one, that he didn’t want to pay me because I was white, and that he didn’t want to pay me because I was a bench player,” Redick, the former Duke University star told USA Today. “I didn’t know until after the face. I just got a weird phone call from Doc (Rivers) on July 4, and I got off the phone and said to my wife, ‘Something’s going on.’ He’s like, ‘You better play for me (expletive).’ And I was like, ‘Yeah, that’s the plan. We figured this out two days ago, right?’

Redick continued: “And then he just rambled a bit … but he never really got into the nuts and bolts of what was happening. And then I got a call about 48 hours later from my agent, and he said, ‘We wanted to keep you out of it, but here’s what happened.’”

Sterling reportedly almost nixed the Redick deal because of the $52 million he doled out to white center Chris Kaman, who averaged only 11.8 points per game for the Clippers before being traded to the New Orleans Hornets in 2011....

JJ Redick is a creep in so many ways.
    http://deadspin.com/j-j-redick-and-h...ontr-883029608