Thread: Cocaine

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Personally, I have a hard time wondering how anyone can make it through life without trying cocaine at least once. Crazy:P
    I have never drank. NOt enough to get drunk, anyway. If you total up all the alcohol I have had in the 48 years of my life you come up with maybe six beers. Illegal drugs like Cocaine, Weed, Meth, X, I have never even tried even though I was in prison for selling.

I do not even take cold medicine or asprin.

I have a hard time wondering why anyone would even want to in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Illegal drugs like Cocaine, Weed, Meth, X, I have never even tried even though I was in prison for selling.
    It could happen.

At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    It could happen.

Nope. Never. Have no interest or desire and it has never appealed to me and beyond that I feel that everyone who has ever used it is either lacking smarts or lacking heart. I would never see myself like that. My dad was a very heavy drinker when I was growing up. My mom and I went through hell because of it. He was the most awesome man in the world sober, but drunk I sometimes wished him dead. I will never allow anyone to see me the same way. I am sure that there are plenty of people who have a dim view of my, but it is because I am a committed asshole and not because I found solace in a bottle or courage in white powder lines on a mirror.

You do or did drugs, I never have. I am better than you and drugs or alcohol would only diminsh me.

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    It could happen.
    The second rule is, don't get high on your own supply.

Quote Originally Posted by an old friend of mine
    Coke is too expensive, it should be saved for special occasions
    I never touched coke (must be specific there:o), but various friends back in high school and after had bouts with speed, acid, crank, and plenty of pot. I agree completely with Ginger, as time goes on, the number of folks running and in office who have never touched any illicit substances is going to shrink. There is a big difference between what we did when we were dumb kids and what we continue doing as dumb adults. There are much better, more recent reasons why Obama shouldn't be moving someone else's furniture into the White House, let alone his.

However, the issue, as has been stated is not that he did coke as a young person. The issue is the double standard of the media and the libs. If McCain wrote in a book that he had smoked pot while he was in Vietnam, he would be spinning on a spit over an open fire in the MSM. He would probably never made it into the candidacy, not because of the seriousness of the act, but because the media would make him a liability, harping on the pothead republican.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    We probably ran with different crowds. I was playing in rock bands and running with a few bikers. Even with that considered I knew a lot of people who were "mainstream" who smoked pot at the very least and all most everyone I knew drank to some degree.
    Alcohol was prevalent as was pot and some people I knew tried speed and mescaline etc. I personally don't like losing control so I avoided most all of that.

I did drink though.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.