Thread: Cocaine

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Personally, I have a hard time wondering how anyone can make it through life without trying cocaine at least once. Crazy:P
    Willie it may come as a suprise to your drug generation Some of us on this board have never tried smoking pot, forget heavy drugs !

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    So they could tolerate you?
    Well........yeah. So? :mad:
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Personally, I have a hard time wondering how anyone can make it through life without trying cocaine at least once. Crazy:P
    Personally, I think you're an asshole for saying that but hey! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    You have got to be kidding.
    His comment doesn't surprise me at all. There are very few people I know who grew up in the seventies and eighties who didn't try some kind of illicit substance. Cocaine was very popular in the 80's and had become relatively cheap.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    I'm not that old, but to my knowledge, no one I know has tried it.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    His comment doesn't surprise me at all. There are very few people I know who grew up in the seventies and eighties who didn't try some kind of illicit substance. Cocaine was very popular in the 80's and had become relatively cheap.
    There were also few people in the 20's that grew up without trying some illicit substance. Just sayin... ;)
    Last edited by wilbur; 10-10-2008 at 08:02 AM.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Should cocaine use disqualify one from public office?

A habitual user, I would say yes. One who tried it a couple of times, I would say no.

There are far more damning things to rip the BarackStar on. This probably won't fly.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post

There are far more damning things to rip the BarackStar on.
    And the media is happily ignoring them all.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    And the media is happily ignoring them all.
    I know, LL. :(

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post

Cocaine was everywhere in the 80s, and until the deaths of John Belushi and Len Bias, the "drug experts" were saying it wasn't addictive. It wasn't at my high school so much-I wasn't involved in anything like that in school, and the kids who did drugs smoked weed and took pills that they stole from their parents, or speed that was going around sometimes. It was well-known in Grand Rapids that you could score coke at a bar called Zs, and at a home across from EGR High School. Hell, when I was 19, I got invited to a party sponsored by a couple of professional athletes, one of which was from GR. My parents forbid me to go, because, as my dad put it, "Everyone knows that those parties are all about feeding young girls beer and cocaine and taking advantage of them". There was a girl in my sorority in college that we used to joke about, that her nose was going to fall off one of these days.

I can't do it, I've been prone to nosebleeds since I was a little kid, because of weak blood vessels (there are some good reasons they don't make Tonka trucks out of metal anymore) and I would probably have a stroke if I tried it. At WMU, it was widely used in the greek organizations, and I saw people snorting either coke or crystal meth off the bathroom counter at Coral Gables on several occasions.