Thread: Cocaine

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Celtics fans...remember Reggie Lewis.

That should be enough to scare anybody thinking of using that poison.

Sonnabend
    Personally, I have a hard time wondering how anyone can make it through life without trying cocaine at least once. Crazy:P
    You are, yes. I have never touched the stuff nor do I ever intend to.

Years ago, I was living in a rooming house, and found out that the guy next door was doing and selling cocaine. I was packed and gone in half a day, phoned the landlord and told him why. He didn't like it...too bad, I was already elsewhere.

The day after, the cops landed, and I had no intention of being anywhere near that little invitation to a five - ten year prison sentence.

I am very proud to say that unlike you, I am not a druggie, and have happily stayed away from any and all illicit substances my entire life.

Unlike you, I am not a liberal and a druggie.
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 10-10-2008 at 09:17 AM.

I think we are fairly quickly getting to a point where virtually all people who throw their into the political ring will have some experience with recreational drugs and won't find that admitting it is a deal-breaker.

Clinton looked absolutely ludicrous when he went through his "I didn't inhale" routine. The old folks ordering the Early Bird special at Denny's might have bought that but nobody else did. It made him look like a fool.

I think that most drug laws are pointless. I guess there might be some small number of people who never use recreational drugs simply because they are currently illegal but who would instantly become hopeless addicts if they weren't but I bet it isn't many.

Most people who have played around with coke or speed or whatever get over the thrill pretty quickly. Growing up tends make both drug and alcohol experiences less attractive. How many people do you know now who still drink like college sophomores on a Friday night? I don't know any who do. Ditto for people I know who smoked weed in high school or played around with coke during their clubbing phase.

Trying this stuff (if you are so inclined) and then moving past it because you grew up is no shame. Being a 40 or 50-something pill-popper or secret drunk really should be a source of shame. The fact that your drug of choice is legal doesn't make any difference to me.

This is oddly enough, the one thing I don't fault Uh-Bama's Press Corps for. I also give Uh-Bama leeway on this as he admitted it openly.

My problem with Uh-Bama aside from his ultra left-wing ideology, is he is dishonest in all the other things left unexplored or unanswered. What he has aswered so far has failed to exonerate him. He should do what no liberal has ever done, the honorable thing, and quit the election today. If he truly put Country first instead of his ambition and need for power, he would exit.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    This is oddly enough, the one thing I don't fault Uh-Bama's Press Corps for. I also give Uh-Bama leeway on this as he admitted it openly.

My problem with Uh-Bama aside from his ultra left-wing ideology, is he is dishonest in all the other things left unexplored or unanswered. What he has aswered so far has failed to exonerate him. He should do what no liberal has ever done, the honorable thing, and quit the election today. If he truly put Country first instead of his ambition and need for power, he would exit.
    I think my main point in posting this is the free ride he is getting from the MSM. As noted a Rep. would get picked apart ( Sarah) while a marxist uber liberal won't. They still try to drag the president down with no proof of cocaine use yet the O admits to some of his drug abuse and nada!!
    The anti American and anti capitalist list of associates for the Messiah grows by the day.
    Bob Beckel claims Acorn is just a little group that couldnt plan a 2 car funeral, so thats what the Msm displays, not the rampant fraud!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I think my main point in posting this is the free ride he is getting from the MSM. As noted a Rep. would get picked apart ( Sarah) while a marxist uber liberal won't. They still try to drag the president down with no proof of cocaine use yet the O admits to some of his drug abuse and nada!!
    The anti American and anti capitalist list of associates for the Messiah grows by the day.
    Bob Beckel claims Acorn is just a little group that couldnt plan a 2 car funeral, so thats what the Msm displays, not the rampant fraud!
    Roger, I get it. The media is infuriating when it comes to a standard of fairness in packaging the news. Notice I avoided saying "reporting?" They don't report the facts, they spin the stories in the interest of favorable results for their ideology, and the opposite for their nemesis, Conservatives.

Too bad our public doesn't see this. This is probably because our liberals have a chokehold on the education system and are raising millions of Lemmings devoid of critical thinking skills or logic.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

The news media went, over night, into the toilet - the moment the news rooms were told they had to generate a profit. A 9 year-old child can easily understand their motivation now.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    I'm not that old, but to my knowledge, no one I know has tried it.
    We probably ran with different crowds. I was playing in rock bands and running with a few bikers. Even with that considered I knew a lot of people who were "mainstream" who smoked pot at the very least and all most everyone I knew drank to some degree.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    You are, yes. I have never touched the stuff nor do I ever intend to.

Years ago, I was living in a rooming house, and found out that the guy next door was doing and selling cocaine. I was packed and gone in half a day, phoned the landlord and told him why. He didn't like it...too bad, I was already elsewhere.

The day after, the cops landed, and I had no intention of being anywhere near that little invitation to a five - ten year prison sentence.

I am very proud to say that unlike you, I am not a druggie, and have happily stayed away from any and all illicit substances my entire life.

Unlike you, I am not a liberal and a druggie.

I've seen the damage cocaine has done to Detroit and it's residents-I was hired in children's services in 1987, at the height of the crack epidemic. I have no desire to ever try it.

Eyelids
    I'll never touch coke, never ever ever ever... I've had friends who have needed a lot of support getting through it and it tore relationship apart. I cant do it to the one's I love after I've seen what it can do.