Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Obama congratulates Michael Sam, first openly gay player drafted by NFL 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    JHC...

By Chelsea J. Carter and Ralph Ellis, CNN
    updated 2:00 AM EDT, Sun May 11, 2014

(CNN) -- President Barack Obama congratulated Michael Sam on Saturday for being the first openly gay football player taken in the National Football League draft, the White House said in a statement.

"From the playing field to the corporate boardroom, LGBT Americans prove everyday that you should be judged by what you do and not who you are," Obama said. He also congratulated the NFL and the St. Louis Rams, the team that drafted Sam.

Sam, an All-American defensive end who played for the University of Missouri, made history when he was picked by the Rams in the seventh and final round. He was the 249th of 256 players selected.

The 24-year-old got the news by telephone from Rams' coach Jeff Fisher, who told Sam: "You are a Ram. The wait is finally over."

So Fearless Leader calls a average player because he gets picked nearly
    last, is gay, and of course, black gay.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Polyp calls to congratulate intestinal parasite, how ironic.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

The 24-year-old got the news by telephone from Rams' coach Jeff Fisher, who told Sam: "You are a Ram.
    Is he a ram? Or is he the rammed?

The coach sure seems to know a lot about this guy's personal life.
    It is the right and duty of the citizen to be at all times armed.
    - Thomas Jefferson

obama seems more interested and invests more of his time in talking with gay athletes than he does on addressing important matters like the millions of Americans who lost their healthcare, Benghazi, the irs scandal, Fast and Furious, or how his own attorney general has been held in contempt of congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    obama seems more interested and invests more of his time in talking with gay athletes than he does on addressing important matters like the millions of Americans who lost their healthcare, Benghazi, the irs scandal, Fast and Furious, or how his own attorney general has been held in contempt of congress.
    Uh huh.

He's definitely the most shallow president since.....well, since there's been presidents.

<<<can hardly wait until the big Zero's in retirement.
    "Lu looks like she could eat corn on the cob through a picket fence"--Big Dog

So he's a Ram....is he the rammer or the rammee?

Good luck to Sam being on the Rams. That's hardly like being on an NFL team. When I lived in St Louis, always declined free tickets from my company to go to a Rams game, wasn't worth paying the parking even if the tickets were free.

The front page of the sports team in our lib rag here made a big deal about how he was picked almost last, 249th, sort of like the kid who's always picked last for a team on the school playground. Of course it was because he was gay.

However, if you went to one of the last pages where the story was continued, you'd see that he underperformed at the biggest of the NFL auditions in late February and went to the back of the player rankings.

Wonder how many other athletes who were picked last that Pres Obama called?
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Does being gay make him a better athlete?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Does being gay make him a better athlete?
    I was thinking that too last night when this was the lead story on the ten o'clock news. At the end of the puff piece about Sam being drafted, the reporter commented on how just because he was drafted it doesn't mean he will play in any game. Im curious if the gay mafia will protest and demand that he has a chance to play regardless of the needs of the team.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

Yet Obama never has said anything about the death of Chris Kyle.