Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Welcome to CU MyGoodBabushka.

We have a Welcome Wagon forum up top where you can
    tell us more about you and your work.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by MyGoodBabushka View Post
    I am interested in folklore, mainly from the U.K., right now, from the Jacobean through Victorian era. I have W.C. Hazlitt's Dictionary of Faiths and Folklore that I've just been wallowing in lately. I do like things a little darker, I like the darker versions of the fairy tales. I think sometimes children should get eaten by the witches! I would like my paintings to look like pages out of a lost book of fairy tales. Even though many of my compositions have folklore underpinnings, I like it when people make up their own stories for them, too.

I am not here to be political or argumentative, by the way. Nor am I on DU to be political. You are right, I mainly flog my work, and take quizzes and waste time with historical trivia.
    Have you ever considered writing and illustrating a book on it? I know of a guy who was interested in dark culture and things like death masks. He's an art history professor. He put out two coffee table books with mostly photographs.
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.

I've written and illustrated two books, and I'm working, ever so slowly, on a third.
    I haven't found a proper publisher for either work, so I've put the homeless little waifs out via blurb.
    On a Windy Night Ludmila the Clown Went Missing
    The Holiday Story
    I'd much rather paint than write, though. In fact, I paint daily and compulsively. I'm waiting right now for some canvas to dry that I primed earlier.
    Check with Jane Pitt, up there in Rindge, NH.

Godd, I see you registered here:

Response to My Good Babushka (Original post)

Mon May 19, 2014, 07:50 AM

My Good Babushka (1,506 posts)

19. Conservative Underground

which I didn't know existed has picked this post up to deride it, and heap it with scorn and derision, but it is driving traffic to my Etsy shop, so I just wanted to thank them. They won't let me register, though.
    http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ff-textile-art

They seem to be wondering about the phone number- it is the number for They Might Be Giants Dial a Song service that was active for 20 years.
    Mexican art often features skeletons and bright colors but it's not to everyone's taste. I like your work and I think you'll do a lot better linking it to conservative forums than places like DU. CaliforniaPeggy and Skippy not withstanding, people here have the money to spend. GL.

I was never very good at embroidery, except for cross stitching. Now, I can't do that without wearing reading glasses, and I don't really have time for it.

I like the pillow. The design is not my kind of thing, but I like the colors and basic style.

I wasn't hiding the route I traced to get here.
    As a freelance artist, I've found liberals and conservatives to be pretty much the same with regard to spending on art. They both open their mouths more than their wallets.
    At this point I think that many have closed wallets. I started selling some of my excess collections on ebay last year, which was a good year. (I'm not a big seller, no store, no shipping overseas). But this year has been terrible. Other people selling there have communicated that it's been rough, with buyers often making the bids but not paying.

I had a lovely little Herend china dish that was sold right away. Then I got a note from the winning bidder, after the close of the auction, that she just didn't feel like buying it. I reported her as they had already deducted the ebay commission from my account.

Good luck to you, really like your works. And you've priced everything very reasonably. Glad to have you here.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Response to My Good Babushka (Original post)

Mon May 19, 2014, 07:50 AM

My Good Babushka (1,506 posts)

19. Conservative Underground

which I didn't know existed has picked this post up to deride it, and heap it with scorn and derision, but it is driving traffic to my Etsy shop, so I just wanted to thank them. They won't let me register, though.
    http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ff-textile-art

They seem to be wondering about the phone number- it is the number for They Might Be Giants Dial a Song service that was active for 20 years.
    First, I take exception to the bolded above. There's only been one negative comment which is far from heaping scorn and derision.

Second, I visited your Facebook page and looked at your work. I actually liked your paintings. Your needlework stuff is good too, but I'm just not a fan of needlework stuff.
    The fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever.

I know you guys like your monster vehicles.
    Kind of broad brush, don't you think? I agree with Flippy, I think the comments have been quite nice, especially when everyone's a critic these days.

Oh my.

The grandmother primitive here illustrates why it's good for people to lurk on a site for a while, getting familiar with its members and their individual styles first, before jumping to conclusions about them.

Nobody could possibly be more of a prude, more reticent about sexual matters, than franksolich.

<<<a good Catholic boy.

If the grandmother primitive had been around a while, she would've seen that calling the primitives out on their hypocrisy was the purpose of my posting this thread.

The primitives, many of whom are in their late 50s, their 60s, and their early 70s, invented the "sexual revolution" fifty or so years ago, causing serious damage and destruction to the social fabric.

It was a big part of their lives, hopping around in the sack with everybody and anybody; with anything that moved.

Well now, how come the primitives are so mum about the subject? How come they never describe their experiences, especially in the "let it all hang out" Lounge?

In the absence of reminescences about it, one suspects it wasn't as great as they'd hoped it'd be.
    "Lu looks like she could eat corn on the cob through a picket fence"--Big Dog

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Since I was introduced as a "primitive" and my work was first described as "mundane", I stand by my initial assessment. I'm just not that concerned. I've moved on.

And that's what many of the DUmmies can't do. No problem.
    May the FORCE be with you!