Hybrid View

1. #1 Fall Arrives: Big Low For The Weekend. 
    Major Western Storm
    Wayne Verno, Lead Meteorologist, The Weather Channel

Oct. 10, 2008 6:44 am ET
    West | View Regional Video

Unsettled and much cooler weather will dominate a large part of the Western States into the weekend.

A storm system will begin strengthening over the northern Rockies today and Saturday.

Rain and snow will expand in coverage today over parts of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming, with heavier snow developing tonight into Saturday. Several inches may fall.

Snow levels should lower dramatically; to below 3,000 feet from Wyoming to Oregon northward. Accumulating snow is possible below 3,000 feet by this evening.

Snowfall in excess of a foot may fall over some areas.

Windy conditions will also expand across much of the Western States into the early part of the weekend.

Sustained winds of 20 to 40 mph are possible from northern Arizona and central California northward to Idaho, Wyoming and Oregon. Gusts could exceed 60 mph in a few locations.

The windy conditions will be felt across central and northern California, setting up a prolonged strong wind event through the weekend.

Much cooler, and below average temperatures will also expand across much of the Pacific Northwest, Interior West, and Rockies into the weekend. In some cases, afternoon highs will be 20 to 30 degrees below average.
    Basically, I just got tired of seeing the same old thread in this forum. :D

Weather

I don't think I'd like all that mess but I wouldn't mind our high temps getting under the mid to low 80's at some point.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Wait a second, are you trying to suggest that the temperature might go down this Autumn? Could you be any more racist?

We're getting a lot of racist weather at the moment. It's 45 F outside right now and it was 62 F in my house when I got home.

I had to turn the real heat on for the first time this season. :(

80 degrees here today. Though the leaves are falling, I think they're just tired :p

Quote Originally Posted by d_va View Post
    80 degrees here today. Though the leaves are falling, I think they're just tired :p
    I have a fire going. I don't know whether your post makes me feel smug or enraged. :D