Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Obama commits ground troops in Nigeria Dummies Conflicted 
    http://upload.democraticunderground.com/10024982584
    pinboy3niner (35,240 posts)
    Breaking, CNN: President sending 80 U.S. troops to Chad to support search for Nigerian schoolgirls

Also reported by Reuters. Edit to add brief story from AP:
    There are several threads going with predictable DUmmy comments ...

What is the word I am looking for here???

bigtree (51,189 posts)

8. if this was Bush

. . . I'd look at this as a slippery slope. Hawks in the administration have been making noise about 'Muslim extremists' in Nigeria and have wanted more military involvement to address all of that.

This president, however, has demonstrated some restraint in escalating these military assistance deployments and sticking to the mission stated. We're not fully engaged in Yemen right now, for example.

I give him the benefit of belief on this and I wish these troops the best in helping Nigerians locate and rescue their children.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink
    Obie wears a big white hat.
    Response to bigtree (Reply #8)

Wed May 21, 2014, 04:34 PM

Rex (43,815 posts)

11. Same here, if this was Dubya and Dick I would be looking for the hidden agenda.

Oil, weapons, drugs, money...ANYTHING BUT a mission based on purely good intentions. Thankfully this is NOT W, but Obama and I do trust him in these kind of affairs. He has shown huge restraint in using the military.
    Reply to this post

What a humanitarian Obie is.

Response to pinboy3niner (Original post)

Wed May 21, 2014, 04:32 PM

Rex (43,815 posts)

9. Good!

This is one mission I can totally get behind. Thank you sir for finally doing something!

Reply to this post

Better late than never?? My guess is Moochelle and Valarie made him do it.

Wed May 21, 2014, 04:33 PM

seveneyes (1,632 posts)

10. Let us hope their hands are not tied
    And they can use whatever means are best suited to get the job done.
    Waterboard them Ningers!!

oh yeah found it, freeking Hypocrites.

Wed May 21, 2014, 04:33 PM

seveneyes (1,632 posts)

10. Let us hope their hands are not tied
    And they can use whatever means are best suited to get the job done.
    pinkboi is obviously someone who's never been in the military. I'm sure anything beyond providing communications, log, and intel support by this little det is so hamstrung that the ROE and OPORD read like the rules for Nine-Card Red Dog.

Power CUer
    bigtree

....if this was Dubya and Dick I would be looking for the hidden agenda.

Oil, weapons, drugs, money...ANYTHING BUT a mission based on purely good intentions. Thankfully this is NOT W, but Obama and I do trust him in these kind of affairs. He has shown huge restraint in using the military.
    This says it all, doesn't it? It's not about whether an action is correct or incorrect. It is about whether "our guy" is the one doing it.

I hope the ground troops are allowed to use real bullets.
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.

Damn, these are a bunch two-faced hypocritical piles of dung. When frank calls them 'primitives' he really is being generous.
    The fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Flippy_Doo View Post
    Damn, these are a bunch two-faced hypocritical piles of dung. When frank calls them 'primitives' he really is being generous.
    Actually I'm surprised at Frank, who is a wordsmith. To me, primitives are naive, simple people. From what I've seen that's been brought over from the DUmp, they are anything but simple. Many are very devious and the ends justify the means.

I guess in the way they are naive, the way they drink that Obama Kool-Aid.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Actually I'm surprised at Frank, who is a wordsmith. To me, primitives are naive, simple people. From what I've seen that's been brought over from the DUmp, they are anything but simple. Many are very devious and the ends justify the means.

Frank sees the primitives (sometimes called proglodytes) like an anthropologist would study animal behaviors on a remote island. The DUmp is also referred to as Skin's Island.
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post

The KoolAid, SLW, isn't Zero's... (well this batch is) we have been fighting this for our entire history...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Nigeria is a third-world country. Even if our soldiers are not involved in the actual rescue operation, they can provide a great deal of guidance and assistance in locating the girls and in planning the rescue. I think it really doesn't matter whether it's Obama or Bush in the White House, any President would be willing to assist in this way, given the situation.

The white hat will belong to whoever actually finds the girls and brings them home.

I am not quite sure how anyone can be against saving the girls if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Nigeria is a third-world country. Even if our soldiers are not involved in the actual rescue operation, they can provide a great deal of guidance and assistance in locating the girls and in planning the rescue. I think it really doesn't matter whether it's Obama or Bush in the White House, any President would be willing to assist in this way, given the situation.

The white hat will belong to whoever actually finds the girls and brings them home.