Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52
  1. #21  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    2,113
    http://standupforthetruth.com/2013/0...-10th-graders/

    Subject: Porn at Buena High School in Sierra Vista, Arizona

    Below is a picture and an excerpt out of the book Dreaming in Cuban by Cristina Garcia.

    This is a 10th grade literature book that was used in my son’s class at Buena High School in Sierra Vista, Arizona. The whole class read this book out loud during class. Everyone in the class had a copy of this book.

    This book was recommended by Common Core Curriculum.

    The following excerpt is taken from page 80:

    “Hugo and Felicia stripped in their room, dissolving easily into one another, and made love against the whitewashed walls. Hugo bit Felicia’s breast and left purplish bands of bruises on her upper thighs. He knelt before her in the tub and massaged black Spanish soap between her legs. He entered her repeatedly from behind.

    “Felicia learned what pleased him. She tied his arms above his head with their underclothing and slapping him sharply when he asked.

    “‘You’re my bitch,’” Hugo said, groaning.

    “In the morning he left, promising to return in the summer.”

    Fire-between-them

    Yes, “Dreaming in Cuban” by Cristina Garcia is indeed recommended in the Common Core Standards for English Language Arts & Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical Subjects.
    http://www.christianpost.com/news/co...ic-sex-103072/
    A book on the federal Common Core State Standards Initiative's recommended reading list has sparked outrage among Christian leaders and one community in Colorado for its graphic and non-judgmental portrayal of rape, pedophilia, and incest.

    snip

    The book in question, The Bluest Eye by Nobel Prize-winning author Toni Morrison, appears under "Grade 11-CCR Text Exemplars" on Appendix B of the Common Core website. According to the short summary, it tells how "an eleven-year-old african-american girl in Ohio, in the early 1940s, prays for her eyes to turn blue so that she will be beautiful."

    snip

    The author reportedly said "she wanted the reader to feel as though they are a 'co-conspirator' with the rapist," so "she took pains to make sure she never portrayed the actions as wrong in order to show how everyone has their own problems." The book narrates cases of pedophilia, rape, and incest which the author described as "friendly," "innocent," and "tender."

    snip

    Cole also condemned the pedophile's use of the Lord's name to justify his actions – "I work only through the Lord. He sometimes uses me to help people," the character claims.The director of One Million Moms called this "an extremely sneaky way to involve violence in the school system."

    http://www.monicaboyer.com/common-co...ning-explicit/


    What an exhausting day! You look at the clock and see you have about 20 glorious minutes to rest before the kiddos come home from school. You notice that your 16-year-old left his Literature book on the coffee table. “The Bluest Eye.” It’s too tempting. At this point you are too exhausted to care what you read, you just want a break. So you decide to indulge.

    Cup of Coffee… Check.

    Slippers… Check.

    Comfy Lounge… Check.

    Book in hand… Check.

    You begin to read…..(warning**explicit)

    “A bolt of desire ran down his genitals…and softening the lips of his anus. . . . He wanted to f*** her—tenderly. But the tenderness would not hold. The tightness of her vagina was more than he could bear. His soul seemed to slip down his guts and fly out into her, and the gigantic thrust he made into her then provoked the only sound she made. Removing himself from her was so painful to him he cut it short and snatched his genitals out of the dry harbor of her vagina. She appeared to have fainted.”

    It continues

    …..“He further limited his interests to little girls. They were usually manageable . . . His sexuality was anything but lewd; his patronage of little girls smacked of innocence and was associated in his mind with cleanliness.” And later, this same pedophile notes, “I work only through the Lord. He sometimes uses me to help people.” Page 181: “The little girls are the only things I’ll miss. Do you know that when I touched their sturdy little t*** and bit them—just a little—I felt I was being friendly?—If I’d been hurting them, would they have come back? . . . they’d eat ice cream with their legs open while I played with them. It was like a party.”

    There is NO good reason for these books to be on the Common Core reading list. If parents don't care if their kids read them then that's fine, but it is not appropriate for them to be on a school list or to be a class assignment............unless THAT is the leftist plan - to sexualize and indoctrinate kids, behind their parents backs.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Ban them then. I have read the RW has banned far more books than anyone else. But again your post are directly from the noise machine. Where these books taken off the reading list after partents complained. Prior to common core were books ever taken off the reading list due to parental complaints?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    http://standupforthetruth.com/2013/0...-10th-graders/



    http://www.christianpost.com/news/co...ic-sex-103072/



    http://www.monicaboyer.com/common-co...ning-explicit/





    There is NO good reason for these books to be on the Common Core reading list. If parents don't care if their kids read them then that's fine, but it is not appropriate for them to be on a school list or to be a class assignment............unless THAT is the leftist plan - to sexualize and indoctrinate kids, behind their parents backs.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Senior Member Dori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Blue State Hell
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by Surly1 View Post
    What school was this question used in?
    I think the first example was from a school in WI. The other two were at the link.

    But there are hundreds, if not thousands, of these on the internet all over the country. This whole thing was conjured up in some liberal think tank. It's against the law for the Federal Government to dictate a curriculum, so they did their usual liberal go-around with a Governors conference where the states signed on to it, because the Feds would give the states money to implement it. 45 states originally signed on, but since then, I think 7 or 8 have dropped it.

    Parents, teachers, principals and kids all over are complaining about it. It was an experiment. Something like this should have first had a trial period in one district or state and started with kindergarten. Dumping this on all the states and schools all at different grade levels wasn't very smart. Just like the insanity of the ACA.
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Senior Member Dlr Pyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    So. Cal
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by Surly1 View Post
    What school was this question used in?
    google "rialto school district and holocaust" and see how a common core exercise in critical thinking went horribly wrong.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    You think. See here is the problem. I know you believe this stuff. My Mom sends me dozens of emails a week from teh right wing noise machine aobut all kinds of crazy stuff, some of it might even be true, but most isnt. For example my Mom has sent me that picture of the glass prison with pool tables and saunas and stuff several times over the years. I told her long ago it was a lie, but she keeps sending it. A pastor in her church sends it to her so it is gospel. I am pretty sure he knows it is a lie, but that is a whole different matter. Just think aobut stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dori View Post
    I think the first example was from a school in WI. The other two were at the link.

    But there are hundreds, if not thousands, of these on the internet all over the country. This whole thing was conjured up in some liberal think tank. It's against the law for the Federal Government to dictate a curriculum, so they did their usual liberal go-around with a Governors conference where the states signed on to it, because the Feds would give the states money to implement it. 45 states originally signed on, but since then, I think 7 or 8 have dropped it.

    Parents, teachers, principals and kids all over are complaining about it. It was an experiment. Something like this should have first had a trial period in one district or state and started with kindergarten. Dumping this on all the states and schools all at different grade levels wasn't very smart. Just like the insanity of the ACA.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    I have read this one before. What happened? If I recall correctly they apologized and took it out of the cirriculum, what do you expect? Prior to common core were there ever inappropirate class material? I posted early today what common core is, did you read it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    google "rialto school district and holocaust" and see how a common core exercise in critical thinking went horribly wrong.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Senior Member Dori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Blue State Hell
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by Surly1 View Post
    You think.
    Yes I do think. I've raised four kids, and was very involved with our schools. When I saw the liberal writing on the wall, I took them out of public school and put them in private school. Social engineering has been on the forefront of our socialist agenda for a long time. Common core is just part of that progression.

    It's plain as day to me, others refuse to see it, others agree with it, or don't care one way or the other.
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Exactly what liberal writing was that? How did your local school try to socially engineer your children? Common Core simply sets standards.

    "Today’s students are preparing to enter a world in which colleges and businesses are demanding more than ever before. To ensure all students are ready for success after high school, the Common Core State Standards establish clear, consistent guidelines for what every student should know and be able to do in math and English language arts from kindergarten through 12th grade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dori View Post
    Yes I do think. I've raised four kids, and was very involved with our schools. When I saw the liberal writing on the wall, I took them out of public school and put them in private school. Social engineering has been on the forefront of our socialist agenda for a long time. Common core is just part of that progression."

    It's plain as day to me, others refuse to see it, others agree with it, or don't care one way or the other.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Senior Member Dori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Blue State Hell
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by Surly1 View Post
    Exactly what liberal writing was that? How did your local school try to socially engineer your children? Common Core simply sets standards.

    "Today’s students are preparing to enter a world in which colleges and businesses are demanding more than ever before. To ensure all students are ready for success after high school, the Common Core State Standards establish clear, consistent guidelines for what every student should know and be able to do in math and English language arts from kindergarten through 12th grade.
    The primary grades where we lived were okay. It wasn't until I saw where the district buried their bad teachers and then their threatened strikes did I get alarmed. But I'm glad I put them in private, much to their displeasure at first. It was funny to watch though. Each year more and more kids from my area were going to the private school too, so it wasn't just me. They also had a 98% graduation rate vs 50% and 75% went on to higher education, including mine. Best decision I ever made as a parent.

    As far as common core goes, you will believe what you want, I did my homework on it, and understand why states are dropping out.
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Surly1 View Post
    Exactly what liberal writing was that? How did your local school try to socially engineer your children? Common Core simply sets standards.

    "Today’s students are preparing to enter a world in which colleges and businesses are demanding more than ever before. To ensure all students are ready for success after high school, the Common Core State Standards establish clear, consistent guidelines for what every student should know and be able to do in math and English language arts from kindergarten through 12th grade.
    If you can't see the left-wing bias in ALL the examples that have been cited, then there is no hope for you. The goal of this program is to indoctrinate children into the "progressive" mindset--"wealth, bad," "redistribution," "for the greater good," "everyone who isn't white, male, straight, and Christian is a VICTIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM." It wasn't bad enough that the colleges were already doing this, they had to bring it down to the kindergarten level. Imagine that--13 years of liberal indoctrination, and then they get to vote!! Wow.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •