Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    I just want ot know what schools they were used in and if they were if the admiinistartion pulled it out when the parents complained. Most of these are just made up silliness to keep you guys all worked up. There is a reason the only place you hear about this stuff is in the right wing noise machine. It is made up by the right wing noise machine. When was the last time you were in a college? Did they try to indoctrinate you? How do you know they are doing it now? Dont do it right now, in fact you never have to tell anyone, just next time you hear some really outrageous story, stop and think about it. I dunno, just pick on from the past...like the birth certificate thing. Do you really beleive if Obama was not born in HI no one could prove it? Just think about it. Do you really think Obama somehow cuased all the old papers from that time to have his name suddenly appear? Just stop and think aobut everything you hear from either side. Yet the RW noise machine went on about it until is simly go too embaressing to even say. Now I dont think anyone except the Donald says it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Ann View Post
    If you can't see the left-wing bias in ALL the examples that have been cited, then there is no hope for you. The goal of this program is to indoctrinate children into the "progressive" mindset--"wealth, bad," "redistribution," "for the greater good," "everyone who isn't white, male, straight, and Christian is a VICTIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM." It wasn't bad enough that the colleges were already doing this, they had to bring it down to the kindergarten level. Imagine that--13 years of liberal indoctrination, and then they get to vote!! Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Surly1 View Post
    I just want ot know what schools they were used in and if they were if the admiinistartion pulled it out when the parents complained. Most of these are just made up silliness to keep you guys all worked up. There is a reason the only place you hear about this stuff is in the right wing noise machine. It is made up by the right wing noise machine. When was the last time you were in a college? Did they try to indoctrinate you? How do you know they are doing it now? Dont do it right now, in fact you never have to tell anyone, just next time you hear some really outrageous story, stop and think about it. I dunno, just pick on from the past...like the birth certificate thing. Do you really beleive if Obama was not born in HI no one could prove it? Just think about it. Do you really think Obama somehow cuased all the old papers from that time to have his name suddenly appear? Just stop and think aobut everything you hear from either side. Yet the RW noise machine went on about it until is simly go too embaressing to even say. Now I dont think anyone except the Donald says it.
    I have been out of college for about 35 years. The college I went to at that time wasn't a hotbed of liberal activism, although I did have professors who didn't hide their liberal beliefs. I saw the change when my own sons were in college, 10 years ago. My older son was a biology major, did an internship at Oak Ridge National Labs, and then went to grad school. The government funding right now is all about global warming. Try having an open mind about anthropogenic GW with that kind of a background! There is no room for questioning. that's just wrong. A college campus should be a place where ideas are discussed and debated, but that can no longer happen. so much of liberal dogma is accepted as fact, that they don't want to hear anything that goes against the grain. That's why an accomplished former Secretary of State has to turn down opportunities to speak.

As for "the only place you read this stuff, blahblahblah," Of course the only place you are going to read anything critical of the progressive movement is in the RW press; the rest are so over-the-top onboard with the movement that they will completely hide anything critical of it. Seriously, have you ever read how much of the press considers themselves to be liberals/Democrats? It's a frightening and enlightening statistic. Something over 90%! How can the media be considered fair and evenhanded when they truly do have a dog in that fight!

And, no--I don't buy all the conspiracy theory b.s. about the birth certificate. I just think it was remarkable that the media was so busy pawing through garbage dumpsters in Alaska that they couldn't take the time to ask any questions about Jughead's background/qualifications for office. Their attitude was "If Obama said it, then that's good enough for me. Meanwhile, the real questions is: Who is Trigg Palin's mother???????"

Can you imagine if a Republican presidential candidate had climbed his way to a national ballot by GETTING OPPONENTS KICKED OFF of ballots??????? The outcry would be tremendous; and yet, that is exactly what Obama did, with not one mainstream reporter even bringing it up.

Ban them then. I have read the RW has banned far more books than anyone else. But again your post are directly from the noise machine. Where these books taken off the reading list after partents complained. Prior to common core were books ever taken off the reading list due to parental complaints?
    NOBODY is talking about banning them. We're saying that they are INAPPROPRIATE as part of a school curriculum.

The point is that they NEVER should have been on the list to begin with. The leftists who created Common Core knew what those books consisted of. This isn't renegade teachers or school boards deciding to put these books on their reading list. These come DIRECTLY from Common Core.

There is a reason the only place you hear about this stuff is in the right wing noise machine.
    You're right. Because liberals agree with it so they ignore it, defend it, hide it, lie about it and/or claim that anyone who doesn't agree with them and/or points out the FACTS of issues like Common Core is crazy, ignorant, evil, wrong, and/or lying.

And the low information liberals believe every lying word and defend the indefensible. Just like you.

My biggest problem with the current public school system is the fact that they just have to try "something new" every couple of years, Common Core is just the most recent in a long line of educational experiments. My mom was responsible for ordering text books for the elementary school that she worked for, and they ordered completely new math books every couple of years, as though having a different text to work with would solve their education issues.

Aughhh! Cough! Cough! Ya got me, Doc!

Please excuse the bit of personal background, but it's the context for what follows. Mrs. SVPete (mostly) and I homeschooled our children "K-12". We started and co-led a support group for homeschooling families. We worked as volunteers at quite a few homeschoolers' conventions. I've met somewhere between 1 and 2 thousand homeschooling families. Many of them are conservative. They're/we're so fearful of education ... that they/we have and are educating their/our children! Many of us concurrently enrolled our "high schoolers" in local JCs. Many of our children have attended and graduated from various colleges (or are attending).

I am certain that if I spoke with, for example, parents who send their kids to Valley Christian or The King's Academy, two large local private schools, that I'll find many conservatives among them. They're paying big bucks to educate their children!

This is just another of those absurd political narratives so ridiculous it cannot withstand 5 seconds of serious thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Ann View Post
    I have been out of college for about 35 years. The college I went to at that time wasn't a hotbed of liberal activism, although I did have professors who didn't hide their liberal beliefs. I saw the change when my own sons were in college, 10 years ago. My older son was a biology major, did an internship at Oak Ridge National Labs, and then went to grad school. The government funding right now is all about global warming. Try having an open mind about anthropogenic GW with that kind of a background! There is no room for questioning. that's just wrong. A college campus should be a place where ideas are discussed and debated, but that can no longer happen. so much of liberal dogma is accepted as fact, that they don't want to hear anything that goes against the grain. That's why an accomplished former Secretary of State has to turn down opportunities to speak.

As for "the only place you read this stuff, blahblahblah," Of course the only place you are going to read anything critical of the progressive movement is in the RW press; the rest are so over-the-top onboard with the movement that they will completely hide anything critical of it. Seriously, have you ever read how much of the press considers themselves to be liberals/Democrats? It's a frightening and enlightening statistic. Something over 90%! How can the media be considered fair and evenhanded when they truly do have a dog in that fight!

And, no--I don't buy all the conspiracy theory b.s. about the birth certificate. I just think it was remarkable that the media was so busy pawing through garbage dumpsters in Alaska that they couldn't take the time to ask any questions about Jughead's background/qualifications for office. Their attitude was "If Obama said it, then that's good enough for me. Meanwhile, the real questions is: Who is Trigg Palin's mother???????"

Can you imagine if a Republican presidential candidate had climbed his way to a national ballot by GETTING OPPONENTS KICKED OFF of ballots??????? The outcry would be tremendous; and yet, that is exactly what Obama did, with not one mainstream reporter even bringing it up.
    Excellent post. Thank you.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Aughhh! Cough! Cough! Ya got me, Doc!

Please excuse the bit of personal background, but it's the context for what follows. Mrs. SVPete (mostly) and I homeschooled our children "K-12". We started and co-led a support group for homeschooling families. We worked as volunteers at quite a few homeschoolers' conventions. I've met somewhere between 1 and 2 thousand homeschooling families. Many of them are conservative. They're/we're so fearful of education ... that they/we have and are educating their/our children! Many of us concurrently enrolled our "high schoolers" in local JCs. Many of our children have attended and graduated from various colleges (or are attending).

I am certain that if I spoke with, for example, parents who send their kids to Valley Christian or The King's Academy, two large local private schools, that I'll find many conservatives among them. They're paying big bucks to educate their children!

This is just another of those absurd political narratives so ridiculous it cannot withstand 5 seconds of serious thought.
    God bless the home schooled kids. As a volunteer at a local Sarasota institution, I can attest to the brightness of the kids touring our facility who are home schooled. They ask bright questions, are attentive and eager to learn. I've gotten into arguments, so has SR, with other volunteers (lib of course, mostly from the East Coast) who make disparaging remarks about the home school groups. They've actually gotten to the point where they don't say those things anymore, at least not in front of me. I give them "the look", a very fierce look. SR thinks it's funny but I get genuinely angry at those louts.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by Surly1 View Post
    Ban them then. I have read the RW has banned far more books than anyone else. But again your post are directly from the noise machine. Where these books taken off the reading list after partents complained. Prior to common core were books ever taken off the reading list due to parental complaints?
    My, how quickly they devolve into the obstinate lefty when the facts and crystal clear examples, come out.

Talking points, recycled memes, defensive non-sequiturs.

Keep going.

There is a reason the only place you hear about this stuff is in the right wing noise machine. It is made up by the right wing noise machine. When was the last time you were in a college? Did they try to indoctrinate you? How do you know they are doing it now? Dont do it right now, in fact you never have to tell anyone, just next time you hear some really outrageous story, stop and think about it. I dunno, just pick on from the past...like the birth certificate thing.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz....
    Last edited by 98ZJUSMC; 05-22-2014 at 10:48 PM.
    Life is hard (D)Ummies. It's even harder when you're stupid.
    -paraphasing John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    God bless the home schooled kids. As a volunteer at a local Sarasota institution, I can attest to the brightness of the kids touring our facility who are home schooled. They ask bright questions, are attentive and eager to learn. I've gotten into arguments, so has SR, with other volunteers (lib of course, mostly from the East Coast) who make disparaging remarks about the home school groups. They've actually gotten to the point where they don't say those things anymore, at least not in front of me. I give them "the look", a very fierce look. SR thinks it's funny but I get genuinely angry at those louts.
    Heh! Well think how frustrating those homeschooled kids must be to those louts and loutesses! They're smart, they want to learn, they're probably well behaved (though they may not "get" the standing in line thing), and neither the boys' nor the girls' pants are drooping below ...

A little homeschool humor: