Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 The VA "scandal" should not be about assigning blame. 
    link

kentuck (70,549 posts)

The VA "scandal" should not be about assigning blame.
    Naturally, the Republicans rushed forward to blame it all on President Obama, disregarding the problems that have been growing for the last 30 years.

If there is one issue on which Democrats and Republicans should seek bi-partisanship, it should be assisting our wounded and sick veterans. But, even this has become a political issue for the GOP.

It is an indication of just how much out of touch Republicans are with the American people. The people want the Parties to work together to fix this problem, not make it a political issue. Republicans are playing with fire but neither they nor the Democrats seem to know it?

Democrats might be wise to pursue this in a political way, simply to show voters how obstructionist the GOP has become? After all, Republicans have already voted against more funding for the VA just a few months ago. Democrats should attack them for not helping to fix the system. It would be to their political advantage if they did so.
    Of course not. A Democrat is president. He was warned that this was likely happening and he did nothing.

The scandal is the lying in order to look good, or gain bonuses, to cover up what was happening.

Liberals: Nothing to see here. No blame. We'll say we're going to fix it and that should be good enough.

Viva_Daddy (537 posts)
    1. IMO the Republicans bear the bulk of the blame, HOWEVER....

...the focus of the investigation MUST be on finding SOLUTIONS to the ongoing problems, not assigning blame. If it becomes a political blame game, nothing will get done, and more criticism of "guvment" will only work to Republicans benefit.
    Maybe Obama should take responsibility for the scandal, and fire those responsible.

Frankly I'm beginning to think that the reason he refuses to fire incompetent people is that he (Obama) and his top administrators have their fingers in everything-micromanaging, using their power for political, partisan gain/revenge - and he knows if he fires anyone they might turn on him and start telling the truth.

dog whistle for the obama is up to his eyeballs in blame for this one.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    kentuck (70,549 posts)

Well of course not silly boy! A black Democratic President is in office. Now if they

could blame BushCo...that's another story.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    link

Frankly I'm beginning to think that the reason he refuses to fire incompetent people is that he (Obama) and his top administrators have their fingers in everything-micromanaging, using their power for political, partisan gain/revenge - and he knows if he fires anyone they might turn on him and start telling the truth.
    Exactly. I know first hand there have been problems for years with the VA. I've seen, as a sales rep, their crazy spending. They usually seemed to favor spending big bucks on office furniture, partitions, etc. (I didn't sell that product but saw what was happening).

For many years I'd walk down the halls of the 2 VA hospitals in St Louis and see vets in beds out in the hall, no room at the inn. I had a VA employee tell me that she had a note written in her dad's wallet (a vet) that in case of accident, do not take me to the VA hospital.

The Obama administration was warned to watch it in 2008. They threw money at it, but not attention or oversight. I'm so sick of these libs on TV whining that they need more money. What they need is competence. That generally has been lacking, but I saw it growing worse after Obama took office. It didn't take a rocket scientist to understand with the wars in the Middle East that there would be more vets needing help.

I guess when the president's mind is on eternal fundraising, nothing gets done unless it is to his advantage. It gets me sick.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

kentuck (70,549 posts)

Right.....The only people getting hurt in this scandal are the vets and the whistleblowers who got fired. Why should anyone get blamed?

We need a criminal investigation, but you know Holder - he won't do it.
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.

Power CUer
    If you want to know how stupid you have to be to believe if an R were in office the libs wouldn't be pointing fingers of blame, just read one of kentuck 's posts.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by USA4ME View Post
    If you want to know how stupid you have to be to believe if an R were in office the libs wouldn't be pointing fingers of blame, just read one of kentuck 's posts.

yep..

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., repeatedly put the blame for the Veterans Affairs scandal on former President George W. Bush, while arguing that her party has worked hard for veterans in recent years.
    http://washingtonexaminer.com/nancy-...rticle/2548784

The borderline between "blame" and "responsibility" seems to be rather partisan.

IMO, fix it (or replace it with something closer to free market) AND can those responsible, regardless of whether they have a "D" or an "R" after their name.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Well of course not silly boy! A black Democratic President is in office. Now if they

could blame BushCo...that's another story.
    Unless you go by skin color, he's almost exactly as white as Zimmerman.

I do have a question that just came to mind. Which has Obama and his mouthpieces done more of (1) blame it on Bush (2) claim he had no knowledge of <fill in the blank> ?
    The fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Flippy_Doo View Post
    Which has Obama and his mouthpieces done more of (1) blame it on Bush (2) claim he had no knowledge of <fill in the blank> ?

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA