Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 DISASTER STRIKES Republicans as Darrell Issa SABOTAGES Their Big Benghazi Investigati 
    link

Star Member Segami (7,751 posts)

DISASTER STRIKES Republicans as Darrell Issa SABOTAGES Their Big Benghazi Investigation

By: Jason Easley

Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) completely sabotaged the House Republican Benghazi investigation today by discussing a White House memo that undermines a big part of the Republican conspiracy theory.

According to ABC News:

"..A still-classified State Department e-mail says that one of the first responses from the White House to the Benghazi attack was to contact YouTube to warn of the “ramifications” of allowing the posting of an anti-Islamic video, according to Rep. Darrell Issa, the Republican chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

The memo suggests that even as the attack was still underway — and before the CIA began the process of compiling talking points on its analysis of what happened — the White House believed it was in retaliation for a controversial video..."

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...ell-issa-says/

The reason why this memo is important is because the foundation of the Republican claims of a Benghazi cover-up is based on the idea that the White House intentionally lied and blamed a YouTube video for the attack. White House officials are elated that Issa opened his mouth because the memo confirms what the administration has been saying all along. There is no conspiracy or cover-up. The intelligence community was concerned about the video even while the attack was still going on.

Rep. Trey Gowdy, who is chairing the Benghazi Select Committee, has been making the YouTube video/cover-up the justification for his investigation, but the memo that Issa discussed today proves that the YouTube video was not a fabricated story. Issa views the memo as grounds for another conspiracy theory. He told Jon Karl of ABC News, “The e-mail shows the White House had hurried to settle on a false narrative — one at odds with the conclusions reached by those on the ground — before Americans were even out of harm’s way or the intelligence community had made an impartial examination of available evidence.”

Rep. Issa’s point makes no sense. How could the White House know that the YouTube video was a false narrative if the attack was still going on? The answer is that they couldn’t have known.

cont'

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/05/...stigation.html
    Disaster, huh? If I were a liberal I don't think that I'd be crowing about a Democrat President and administration that jumped to the conclusion that the attack was from a video before any firm facts were in. And it doesn't do ANYTHING to explain WHY, when very quickly it was known it was a terror attack from an Al Quida like group they claimed for DAYS that it was due to a video.

Liberals: Hey Obama, I've got your back!!!11!111!
    Star Member Segami (7,751 posts)
    2. Fox News’s ratings are tanking. Other networks refuse to cover it...

...and non-Republicans don’t care.

The distraction isn’t working, and now Darrell Issa has under-minded

the whole supposed basis for the investigation....."
    Yea, it's clear that non Republicans, ie Democrats, don't care about the death of 4 Americans if it might highlight Obama's & Clinton's incompetence.
    Star Member McCamy Taylor (14,085 posts)
    5. Ben-gay-gate makes no sense to me and I have a genius level IQ. Meaning

that I seriously doubt that any voter is going to base a decision on it. I think that the end game is supposed to be getting Hillary in front of the committee so that they can ask her something misleading that she will answer truthfully as she understands the question and that they can later claim she lied about when they claim the question was actually a different question. Seriously. Call it Ken Starr II--the perjury trap. But Hillary is smarter than all of them put together. So it won't work. She will probably look at them and smile and say "That question is not phrased well. Can you rephrase that?" over and over again until they have to give up.

I think we should just put Hillary and Issa in a cage fight and see who come out alive. I am betting on Hillary.
    More proof, among other things, that to liberals, homosexuality is simply a political issue, not about caring or "rights".

The State Dept., the FBI and others have already testified that they knew it wasn't a protest caused by the video as they all were watching it in real time.

Besides, this hearing isn't just about the video.
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.

They're playing the music while the Titanic sinks.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

The writer seems to have a pretty expansive idea of 'Disaster.'

Star Member McCamy Taylor (14,085 posts)
    5. Ben-gay-gate makes no sense to me and I have a genius level IQ. Meaning

that I seriously doubt that any voter is going to base a decision on it. I think that the end game is supposed to be getting Hillary in front of the committee so that they can ask her something misleading that she will answer truthfully as she understands the question and that they can later claim she lied about when they claim the question was actually a different question. Seriously. Call it Ken Starr II--the perjury trap. But Hillary is smarter than all of them put together. So it won't work. She will probably look at them and smile and say "That question is not phrased well. Can you rephrase that?" over and over again until they have to give up.

I think we should just put Hillary and Issa in a cage fight and see who come out alive. I am betting on Hillary.
    And you're married to Morgan Fairchild. Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.
    The fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    There is no one posting at the DUmp with anything approaching a genius IQ.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Why won't the President answer the simple question of where he was

during the attack that killed our people? I mean I know the President

is super busy with golf and fund raisers but I would think he could tell

the US public where he was that night.

Now me, if it was the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, I'd be in that

situation room, you know, the room the kid/dude was in. Especially when

my people told me US interests were being attacked cause well, it's 9/11.

But that's me. I wonder what President Obama was doing???
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    There is no one posting at the DUmp with anything approaching a genius IQ.

It would take a clown car full of them to break 100.
    It is the right and duty of the citizen to be at all times armed.
    - Thomas Jefferson

There is a better then good chance they knew the attack was going to happen and had the lie prepared in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Why won't the President answer the simple question of where he was

during the attack that killed our people? I mean I know the President

is super busy with golf and fund raisers but I would think he could tell

the US public where he was that night.

Now me, if it was the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, I'd be in that

situation room, you know, the room the kid/dude was in. Especially when

my people told me US interests were being attacked cause well, it's 9/11.

But that's me. I wonder what President Obama was doing???
    It ought to be an eye-opener for all of the other democrat appointed ambassadors: the dem powers that be and their acolytes view you much as they view an unborn baby.

It still amazes me that we are more pissed off about the killings than the democrats.
    The fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever.