Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lock and load View Post
    How is skimmer making any money from discussionist? I can't believe that many of them are clicking on those annoying ads on the site then ordering something.

I have been on their "jury duty" TWICE as much as I've posted - just "served" on a Tav thread, I don't like that system at all. I've seen things go to the jury that are perfectly fine, then I've seen things that are beyond the pale be allowed to stand when the "jury" has the right composition. I usually vote to leave it, but the DU system will not work at discussionist in the long term.
    I have to say I was pretty mad the other day when a Christian bashing thread was left standing. I sort of went and made crappy comments of my own to see if they'd be hidden, but they weren't. I've also seen liberals saying that conservatives were being cry babies. The irony is that they would have alerted on the same things if in reverse.

I've served on the jury some (including one of Tav's today). Honestly, I have found righty bashing posts being hidden. One example was from a poster who was insulting conservatives and said they had no intention of civil discussion with them. The insulting post was hidden. The one I voted on with Tav today got hidden. It was one bashing gun rights activists (to put it lightly). By contrast, there was one a while back insulting a Democrat politician (Conyers), it was voted to leave it. The logic was that Conyers wasn't a member of the board.

I won't say this board is always fair and it sure isn't always civil, but I think some are trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Their tears are like vodka to me.
    Fixed.

It's a joke. Don't hurt me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Fixed.

It's a joke. Don't hurt me.
    Would have to have orange juice too.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Would have to have orange juice too.
    Ruins a good glass of OJ, but okay. :)

Here's how I see it. If you post on a board and use bandwidth, then you should donate every once in a while..

Donations and fundraising drives to raise $25,000 every three months are a different thing. A non profit organization can still pay out salaries and I guarantee you that $kinner is drawing a nice one.

How much money do you think they make from those seasonal fundraisers on top of every thing else? You know when they start buying each other Easter eggs and stuff.

$kinner knows that boards such as CU and CC are very popular as they allow all opinions and don't simply ban a person for not agreeing 100% with the views of the administration of the board. So $kinner is trying out something new and you will be seeing a donate and fundraising drive soon. Trust me on that.

How is skimmer making any money from discussionist? I can't believe that many of them are clicking on those annoying ads on the site then ordering something.

I have been on their "jury duty" TWICE as much as I've posted - just "served" on a Tav thread, I don't like that system at all. I've seen things go to the jury that are perfectly fine, then I've seen things that are beyond the pale be allowed to stand when the "jury" has the right composition. I usually vote to leave it, but the DU system will not work at discussionist in the long term.
    With $kinner the fundraising for the website is just around the corner. They will need to raise $50,000 in 48 business hours or the site will be shut down!

I have to say I was pretty mad the other day when a Christian bashing thread was left standing. I sort of went and made crappy comments of my own to see if they'd be hidden, but they weren't. I've also seen liberals saying that conservatives were being cry babies. The irony is that they would have alerted on the same things if in reverse.

I've served on the jury some (including one of Tav's today). Honestly, I have found righty bashing posts being hidden. One example was from a poster who was insulting conservatives and said they had no intention of civil discussion with them. The insulting post was hidden. The one I voted on with Tav today got hidden. It was one bashing gun rights activists (to put it lightly). By contrast, there was one a while back insulting a Democrat politician (Conyers), it was voted to leave it. The logic was that Conyers wasn't a member of the board.

I won't say this board is always fair and it sure isn't always civil, but I think some are trying.

Why would you waste your time there? The board was clearly set up so that the liberal base could attempt to prove to the conservatives how wrong they are. $kinner is a smart guy, he thought this out before launching the site and then advertising it on DU.

Lanie you are so much smarter then most of the idiots posting at DU and DU lite, don't let those assholes get you worked up and I would much rather see your opinions on boards like this one.

Yep, discussionist was meant to expand skin's customer base, but I think it will ultimately fail. I don't see what's no novel about having all ideologies able to post, those boards are a dime a dozen and a waste of time IMO. I wouldn't give a penny to David Allen OR Jim Robinson because posters are paying both of them a full-time salary, but you're posting for free for them. Forget it.

Posting on discussionist is futile, and I think there's already a rift between DU and discussionist. People that bought stars at DU realize some of that money is going to support discussionist and they resent it. The "premium membership" probably will come but he's spreading himself thin here, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post

Lanie you are so much smarter then most of the idiots posting at DU and DU lite, don't let those assholes get you worked up and I would much rather see your opinions on boards like this one.
    But they have something here this place doesn't have a lot of. Liberals. Yes, I said it. I want to debate liberals so I can get an idea of what I'm talking about when I talk. People here me talk and they think I'm unsure of myself. I don't really know these people, so that makes it easier.

Posting on discussionist is futile, and I think there's already a rift between DU and discussionist. People that bought stars at DU realize some of that money is going to support discussionist and they resent it. The "premium membership" probably will come but he's spreading himself thin here, IMO.
    DUers resent it because people on Discussionist are starting to post stuff about their fellow DUers. They can't say it on DU. You're right. This may not last long.

But they have something here this place doesn't have a lot of. Liberals. Yes, I said it. I want to debate liberals so I can get an idea of what I'm talking about when I talk. People here me talk and they think I'm unsure of myself. I don't really know these people, so that makes it easier.

DUers resent it because people on Discussionist are starting to post stuff about their fellow DUers. They can't say it on DU. You're right. This may not last long.
    So you want an echo chamber. Got it.

Why debate them when all you do is come here and repeat what they say at DU...not to mention defend them?

You don't want to debate them...you want reassurance in your batshit crazy liberal beliefs...something you and other Libtards don't get here...hence the reason we don't have many of them here.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.